Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FT: Thedi Cossack Shawl Collar in brown Italian cowhide - size XL (see measurements)

mvilla

A-List Customer
Hey, guys

Putting this here more as a feeler than anything else. I really like this jacket, and it kinda works for me, but I can't help but feel I could go with a slightly shorter one. Anyway, I am in no rush of getting rid of this one, and honestly I won't be too sad if I get to keep it, so I'll leave this here until next jacket season and, if I can't find a trade, I'll just wear it. I'm not really interested in selling it, as I want to have a jacket in its placed and I can't be arsed about the whole sell/buy thing.

I'm in UK, but have no issues about shipping it anywhere else.

Besides a shorter version of the same jacket (back and sleeve lengths at least 1 in shorter, i.e., ~25in), I'd be interested on other Thedi jackets, especially half belts (I'd also consider canvas/leather ones), Goodwear Ventura, Arcadia or Hercules, ELMC Californian, among other half belts.

It is made with a fantastic brown Italian cowhide, and the measurements are as follows:

Pit to pit: 23in

Shoulder: 19.5in

Back length: 26in

Sleeve length: 26in

Hem opening: 21in

20230613_213504.jpg

Edit: I'm 5'10" (179cm) and about 185 lbs (84kg), for reference. I feel this jacket would work perfectly for someone like 6', 6'1" tall.
20230626_185430.jpg
20230626_185440.jpg
20230626_185502.jpg
20230620_191634.jpg

20230707_153248.jpg

20230707_153320.jpg
20230707_153330.jpg

If you need more pictures, let me know!

Cheers, folks!

Last edited:

Kevin O'Sullivan

Familiar Face
Beautiful jacket man, can't help but agree. I'd probably like to see something that is 1-1.5" shorter in the sleeve so it rests right below your wrist, and maybe 2" shorter in the back since you have that front drop.

The problem with a front button pocket on a jacket that is long body or has front drop is it covers access to your jean pockets and then you've got nowhere to really put your hands if it's cold.

My Thedi is a touch long bodied and has front drop that covers my jean pockets, but it also has wonderful slash pockets for my hands to hide in.

Best of luck with a trade! Hope you find a good one.

mvilla

A-List Customer
Beautiful jacket man, can't help but agree. I'd probably like to see something that is 1-1.5" shorter in the sleeve so it rests right below your wrist, and maybe 2" shorter in the back since you have that front drop.

The problem with a front button pocket on a jacket that is long body or has front drop is it covers access to your jean pockets and then you've got nowhere to really put your hands if it's cold.

My Thedi is a touch long bodied and has front drop that covers my jean pockets, but it also has wonderful slash pockets for my hands to hide in.

Best of luck with a trade! Hope you find a good one.
Yeah, I feel that for shoulders widths of 18-19, sleeve length of 24.5 to 25 works well for me. This has 0.5in more on the shoulder and 1in more on sleeve, so I don't get the result I want... The back length I could do with 25in, I reckon... I almost have full clearance for the pocket the way it is. If wearing with a low rise jeans, I'd probably get away with it, but lately I've been giving preference to mid rise ones. Besides, my Dominator and PHWM are both 24in on the back, and I feel this Thedi can work being slightly longer. The way it is, it works well with layering, though...
Anyway, if I can get something else, cool. If not, cool as well lol

BikerMan

A-List Customer
Hey, guys

Putting this here more as a feeler than anything else. I really like this jacket, and it kinda works for me, but I can't help but feel I could go with a slightly shorter one. Anyway, I am in no rush of getting rid of this one, and honestly I won't be too sad if I get to keep it, so I'll leave this here until next jacket season and, if I can't find a trade, I'll just wear it. I'm not really interested in selling it, as I want to have a jacket in its placed and I can't be arsed about the whole sell/buy thing.

I'm in UK, but have no issues about shipping it anywhere else.

Besides a shorter version of the same jacket (back and sleeve lengths at least 1 in shorter, i.e., ~25in), I'd be interested on other Thedi jackets, especially half belts (I'd also consider canvas/leather ones), Goodwear Ventura, Arcadia or Hercules, ELMC Californian, among other half belts.

It is made with a fantastic brown Italian cowhide, and the measurements are as follows:

Pit to pit: 23in

Shoulder: 19.5in

Back length: 26in

Sleeve length: 26in

Hem opening: 21in

View attachment 530818
Edit: I'm 5'10" (179cm) and about 185 lbs (84kg), for reference. I feel this jacket would work perfectly for someone like 6', 6'1" tall.
View attachment 530819 View attachment 530820 View attachment 530821 View attachment 530822
View attachment 530826
View attachment 530824
If you need more pictures, let me know!

Cheers, folks!
First picture the jacket looked almost maroon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner