Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Full Hat Collection Photographs Thread

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
I think I finally have enough hats to consider them a collection. Here's mine (so far)...

4C24B244.jpg

TOP ROW (left to right):
Saks Fifth Ave. - Dobbs 15/20 clone
Cavanagh - model unknown, late '30s
Falcon Park Hattery - The Cadence

BOTTOM ROW (left to right):
Cavanagh - Milan
Stetson - model unknown, relatively modern
Kevin McAndrew
Robley - private label for a former local Atlanta hat store
Dobbs - model unknown

I'm a wide ribbon fan myself...excellent collection!:)

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Guilty as charged. Every now and then she'll say "That's a nice hat, when/where did you get that one?".

A trick that I learned from my wife. You buy the hat and put it away for a short time. When she asks you about, when / where, you can replay. Oh, I've had this for a long time. You don't remember it?

m0nk

One Too Many
I gotta say that all the latest images are awesome! And rabbit, not sure you're my size, but if you are and ever want to get rid of that charcoal Knox Twenty, let me know. :D

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I gotta say that all the latest images are awesome! And rabbit, not sure you're my size, but if you are and ever want to get rid of that charcoal Knox Twenty, let me know. :D

Well, the Know Twenty in charcoal is a 7 1/8. I'm a 57.4cm egg oval head; my vintage hats are 7 1/8 and 7 1/4. Some Homburgs are a small 7 3/8.

barrowjh

One Too Many
Cav Patrol

This is not my entire collection, but it is my entire collection of felted edge hats. Most of these dozen are Cavanagh Edges (Mode, Guild, etc) plus one Stetson Selve-Edge (the silverbelly). I arranged them on the dining room table, 'on patrol'
DSC00007.jpg

Front row - Lt Olive Stetson 3X Beaver (VS refurb), Tan Stetson Fifteen 3X Beaver, Cobalta Borsalino Allessandria.
2nd Row - Sea-foam green Stetson 3X Beaver, medium brown Dobbs w/rust ribbon (Falcon Pk refurb), grey Dobbs 20 w/burgundy ribbon.
3rd Row - Dk Olive Borsalino Allessandria (Optimo refurb), Cinnamon Stetson Sovereign, Silverbelly Stetson selve-edge
4th Row - Dk Brwn Bond Fifteen, Dk Brwn Dobbs Forty, Lavender Disney Oxford Fifteen w/navy ribbon.

DSC00003.jpg

Similar pic but without flash. I think the only difference is the hats in the middle 1st & 2nd row switched places for this one.

DSC00008.jpg

Closer look at the 3 greens, Dk Olive on the left to Lt Olive on the right. You can see the browns fairly well also.

DSC00006.jpg

Closer look at the two dark browns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner