Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Full Hat Collection Photographs Thread

Monte

A-List Customer
Alan, I like the foam idea a lot.
When I was a teenager, I learned a bit of hat terminology, tips on hat care, shaping, etc. from a woman who owned and ran a hat restoration shop. Every time I brought in a hat, she would show me a few handy things.
When I see pics online of hats w a dark ring around the crown, above the ribbon, I know they were stacking sweaty hats. Thanks for showing a few of your vintage hats, and a great method to preserve them a bit better.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Some changes since the last showing.

ret10.jpg

From Left to right (you can see more photos by clicking the yellow text/date range):

Row 1 (back row):1920s Grade One Cap, 1920s Stanhope Cap.

Row 2: 1900s Stetson light colored long-hair, 1900s Stetson grey/silver long-hair, 1900s Stetson w/ pencil curl brim.

Row 3: 1910s Feiges long-hair beaver, 1900s Peschel Velour, 1930s Penn-Craft.

Row 4: 1920s Stetson Expo, 1920s American Hat Co, 1950s/70s Borsalino.

Last edited:
Beautiful, Splintcz!

You should be wildly proud to have such a great collection at this point. And thanks for your best wishes to the girls!

When do you leave for basic training?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Holy moly, Justin! Quite the fine collection growing collection. Nice to see that such a large percentage is on the older side. Very classy, man!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
HatsRme (Charlie?), and Jeff, thank you so much for the compliments fellas! Proud I am!!! Glad to have lids from the time periods I adore (Pre-30s). I ship off Aug. 24/25th to Ft. Benning.

OCMH, swell group!!!!!

OfCourse... SWEET collection my friend! Keep up the good work.

For those of us wondering about how many hats we own... a psychologist friend told me I was FINE with the thirty-something hats in my meager collection. That's a professional opinion, though; not a wife's...

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This reminds me - I've often wondered how Robert stores his collection....I'm certain he's renting a hangar from O'Hare ;)

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
G; Ditto's on the NOT FOR SALE sign! You tree has an enviable harvest of fine fruit! Fine hats and of excellent condition. I do like the way you can see them and make a selection on a whim.

Best, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy