Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Full Hat Collection Photographs Thread

Euvoren1930

New in Town
Hello,

I am relatively new to fedoras I’d say, and I this is my second post I believe, but I can wear a fedora quite well in my early 20s, all the way back to 17 when I got my first one, this is my collection as far as ones I bought and were gifted for me, I am pretty happy with all of them, and I just want to interact with someone who actually likes fedoras and won’t say anything about me being a “redditor” (I am not)

The first one I got after I found out I could wear them is a Levi’s Trilby, then I soon after got a Scala modern wide brim (as opposed to one from the 40s with a huge brim) as a gift, then traveled to Cali and bought a leather pencil curled fedora at a hat shop, which I loved seeing the bowlers and trying on a top hat, I soon after got another gift, this time being a Henschel “Oswego” hat, which is like the crown of a fedora mixed with the brim of an Aussie slouch hat, and kind of the personality of a western hat. And of course, there’s the Italian panema-trilby-thing which has the Italian flag (I find the Italian flag attractive) and kept me surprisingly good in the sun in ~95 degree weather walking around, which I don’t do good in…

So what are your thoughts? I put a photo of me wearing the Cali hat in the attachments, so you can see what I mean when I say I look good in these.

And yes, my head is big, it is a size 7 & 5/8

Thanks!
Have a good one.

P.S.
I have anxiety, I probably won’t need to worry, but if I’m breaking any rules that I’m not aware of (I will read them, but some things I might not understand or remember) or I am generally doing something wrong, like being too casual, please tell me, I would highly appreciate it. And please excuse me if I respond very late to anything, I do not remember much, and I might forget about this thread at one point

Attachments

• 6C2784D1-F19D-4FAC-82A1-F75D68B7BAEA.jpeg
    6C2784D1-F19D-4FAC-82A1-F75D68B7BAEA.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 56
  • 0F15301A-920F-4908-B74F-4075445383F9.jpeg
    0F15301A-920F-4908-B74F-4075445383F9.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 45
  • 7982AEAA-B4A0-4972-A367-47F80DDA4A4A.jpeg
    7982AEAA-B4A0-4972-A367-47F80DDA4A4A.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 52
  • 26D2D147-596A-45DD-AC03-049F5AB86E2B.jpeg
    26D2D147-596A-45DD-AC03-049F5AB86E2B.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 53
  • 984E8E27-E93E-4149-AC81-CFFA6582A34C.jpeg
    984E8E27-E93E-4149-AC81-CFFA6582A34C.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 60
  • 296229BA-27D8-4311-97EA-6F23EF7A3DF9.jpeg
    296229BA-27D8-4311-97EA-6F23EF7A3DF9.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
  • DED514F5-9EB7-4381-AE99-5EB48DF423C1.jpeg
    DED514F5-9EB7-4381-AE99-5EB48DF423C1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
  • C0881F58-FE77-4BC3-83EA-83722F909863.jpeg
    C0881F58-FE77-4BC3-83EA-83722F909863.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 60
  • 481A2506-5CAE-42B2-80B5-0701FDA9C20A.jpeg
    481A2506-5CAE-42B2-80B5-0701FDA9C20A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
  • F7DB83CC-CB0F-492C-ADB6-EA631D755527.jpeg
    F7DB83CC-CB0F-492C-ADB6-EA631D755527.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 52
Hello,

I am relatively new to fedoras I’d say, and I this is my second post I believe, but I can wear a fedora quite well in my early 20s, all the way back to 17 when I got my first one, this is my collection as far as ones I bought and were gifted for me, I am pretty happy with all of them, and I just want to interact with someone who actually likes fedoras and won’t say anything about me being a “redditor” (I am not)

The first one I got after I found out I could wear them is a Levi’s Trilby, then I soon after got a Scala modern wide brim (as opposed to one from the 40s with a huge brim) as a gift, then traveled to Cali and bought a leather pencil curled fedora at a hat shop, which I loved seeing the bowlers and trying on a top hat, I soon after got another gift, this time being a Henschel “Oswego” hat, which is like the crown of a fedora mixed with the brim of an Aussie slouch hat, and kind of the personality of a western hat. And of course, there’s the Italian panema-trilby-thing which has the Italian flag (I find the Italian flag attractive) and kept me surprisingly good in the sun in ~95 degree weather walking around, which I don’t do good in…

So what are your thoughts? I put a photo of me wearing the Cali hat in the attachments, so you can see what I mean when I say I look good in these.

Thanks!
Have a good one.

P.S.
I have anxiety, I probably won’t need to worry, but if I’m breaking any rules that I’m not aware of (I will read them, but some things I might not understand or remember) or I am generally doing something wrong, like being too casual, please tell me, I would highly appreciate it. And please excuse me if I respond very late to anything, I do not remember much, and I might forget about this thread at one point
Welcome to the Lounge. It is a great place filled with folks who will encourage you, enable you in the act of accumulating more hats than you need. You have made a great start in your collecting and if you follow the standard arc you will begin to move up in price point and begin accumulating hats of higher quality. You will discover there is a big difference in quality as you move up in price.

Hello,

Thanks!
Have a good one.

P.S.

I like that you have a mix of styles. Some members stick with a narrow range but I’m like you and enjoy most styles.

Modern wool hats can be great gateway hats, but once you start with with fur felt it can be hard to go back. If I were you, I’d hang around and go through the What Hat are You Wearing Today thread and take notes on the styles you like. Most all of what you’ll see will be felted fur hats that are blocked/made from a single piece of felt not stitched together. All that matters is that you like your hats, and you are well on your way to a nice collection. Welcome to the Lounge!

No idea what a “redditor” is?

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
First of all welcome to the lounge. It’s a great community with lots of helpful people, information and advice. Looks like you favour the stingy brims. We have a few threads dedicated to stingy brims, pork pie hats, slouch and campaign hats. Most mentioned on the lounge will be felt. Wool, Buffalo, rabbit, hare, beaver or mink. But there is a place for everyone.
I know I started my hat journey with a Tilley hat (high end cotton bucket hat) and since have owned stingy brims, pork pies, bowlers, fedoras, slouch hats, campaign hats, cowboy hats, Australian outback hats, flat caps, pith helmets, Panama hats, straw hats. Factory produced and custom made.
Simply put, if you have a fancy for hats this is the place to be.
Welcome to the lounge
Johnny.

Euvoren1930

New in Town
Welcome to the Lounge. It is a great place filled with folks who will encourage you, enable you in the act of accumulating more hats than you need. You have made a great start in your collecting and if you follow the standard arc you will begin to move up in price point and begin accumulating hats of higher quality. You will discover there is a big difference in quality as you move up in price.
Thank you for the warm welcome! And I will take your word for it that there are some amazing quality hats out there, the leather one is actually not cheap, and it comes with some inserts or adjust the size, but I’m sure some vintage ones are top of the line, I will take your advice in the standard curve though, Imm assuming that’s the top left quarter of a circle looking type thing?

Euvoren1930

New in Town
I like that you have a mix of styles. Some members stick with a narrow range but I’m like you and enjoy most styles.

Modern wool hats can be great gateway hats, but once you start with with fur felt it can be hard to go back. If I were you, I’d hang around and go through the What Hat are You Wearing Today thread and take notes on the styles you like. Most all of what you’ll see will be felted fur hats that are blocked/made from a single piece of felt not stitched together. All that matters is that you like your hats, and you are well on your way to a nice collection. Welcome to the Lounge!

No idea what a “redditor” is?
Thank you! I do like the be varied I think, but honestly, it’s hard for me to choose favorites, I’m the same way about music, I have a few favorites from each genre, some more than others

I’m assuming you’re referring to the Scala, I wanted something that with the black wool second in line. If I had to choose a style ignoring things like price, it would have to be a charcoal gray fedora with an adjustable wide brim that rests tilted up on all sides with a thick black headband, like the one that I have that won’t fit me. But thank you for that bit of advice though, I’ll go through there for sure! Thank you for the warm welcome!

Edit: it’s a term for a person who uses the rather popular website “Reddit” which is like a big forum, although I meant it in a certain sub-definition, I’m not sure if the term I mean is “redditor”, “nice guy” or something else, but basically, the rundown is that the kids now see a fedora as a meme, and not as a style element like you and me, it’s kind of depressing, I’d rather the fedora not be looked at that way, but there’s not much I can do about it.

Last edited:

Euvoren1930

New in Town
First of all welcome to the lounge. It’s a great community with lots of helpful people, information and advice. Looks like you favour the stingy brims. We have a few threads dedicated to stingy brims, pork pie hats, slouch and campaign hats. Most mentioned on the lounge will be felt. Wool, Buffalo, rabbit, hare, beaver or mink. But there is a place for everyone.
I know I started my hat journey with a Tilley hat (high end cotton bucket hat) and since have owned stingy brims, pork pies, bowlers, fedoras, slouch hats, campaign hats, cowboy hats, Australian outback hats, flat caps, pith helmets, Panama hats, straw hats. Factory produced and custom made.
Simply put, if you have a fancy for hats this is the place to be.
Welcome to the lounge
Johnny.
Hello, Thank you!
I find the first few replies very nice, I can imagine straight off the bat that the people here are in fact informative, helpful, and kind.

Now I’m a little embarrassed to say this, but although I do have a few stingy brims, I prefer wider ones, but the first 2 are from my mother who loves to shop, and she, of course has her own biases when shopping about the styles of mens fedoras nowadays, so she found it difficult to find one with a wider brim that she thought I’d look good in. Long story short, she’s a great shopper, but not a hat enthusiast, which is why I chose myself the next 3, and they mostly have wider brims (except for the Italian one, but it was the only one with the Italian flag on it, which is what Iliked).

That’s a lot of different hats by the way, I’d say you have a pretty well fleshed out collection, and I agree that this is the place to be for this as well, when I found it if was like a hidden gem!
Thank you,
Luke

Thank you! I do like the be varied I think, but honestly, it’s hard for me to choose favorites, I’m the same way about music, I have a few favorites from each genre, some more than others

I’m assuming you’re referring to the Scala, I wanted something that with the black wool second in line. If I had to choose a style ignoring things like price, it would have to be a charcoal gray fedora with an adjustable wide brim that rests tilted up on all sides with a thick black headband, like the one that I have that won’t fit me. But thank you for that bit of advice though, I’ll go through there for sure! Thank you for the warm welcome!

Edit: it’s a term for a person who uses the rather popular website “Reddit” which is like a big forum, although I meant it in a certain sub-definition, I’m not sure if the term I mean is “redditor”, “nice guy” or something else, but basically, the rundown is that the kids now see a fedora as a meme, and not as a style element like you and me, it’s kind of depressing, I’d rather the fedora not be looked at that way, but there’s not much I can do about it.

We're quite aware here at the FL of the memes and biases regarding fedoras (some of us even know what Reddit is!). However, we scoff at their pretenses and keep our vintage hats far from their Cheeto-stained fingers.

Who?

Practically Family
I appreciate the fact that we like to preserve the heritage of the fedora, that is great, for a while I felt alone as a fedora wearer, but then I remembered this website just recently, and now I am feeling better about this entire thing, thank you
Don’t get so hung up on this, just wear them.

I don’t know a soul who wears hats like I wear every day, and I rarely see anything remotely similar.

Why should I care?

Based on the positive responses I receive and the questions of inquiry I get about my hats I have come to the conclusion that most (all!) folks would love to be hat wearers but their fear or timidity keeps them from the experience. I think all men deep down are hat wearers but not all are willing/able to overcome the reticence.

Based on the positive responses I receive and the questions of inquiry I get about my hats I have come to the conclusion that most (all!) folks would love to be hat wearers but their fear or timidity keeps them from the experience. I think all men deep down are hat wearers but not all are willing/able to overcome the reticence.

^^^^^^What he said.

Euvoren1930

New in Town
I actually had that same experience when I was 17. I wanted to wear one, but I was too timid, but my dad was like “I’ll take you to a hat shop and you can buy any one you like”, and I was just stepping on the edge of jumping into the hat world and staying a spectator wishing I had. I can tell you for a fact, though, that my brother is completely uninterested in hats, when he talks about watches or any other accessory, he just has the sound of the black and lifeless void of interest in his voice that just tells me that he does for a fact, not care about them. But I do believe there’d be more of us if it wasn’t for these silly human emotions.

Who?

Practically Family
It is commonly said that wearing a hat allows one to “show who you are”.

I remain unconvinced when I see so much discussion of things like “Will I look like a dork if I wear a hat that isn’t a baseball cap?” or “Can I wear a cowboy hat if I don’t ride horses or work on a ranch?” or “Can I wear this hat if no one else in my area wears one like it?”

With such questions floating around, it is easy to wonder if very many people know who they are, or maybe they just have no personality to express.

It is a great mystery to me.

Euvoren1930

New in Town

I don’t know a soul who wears hats like I wear every day, and I rarely see anything remotely similar.

Why should I care?
I’m not as hung up as I might seem, I just talk too much, I apologize if I sound a little strange

Euvoren1930

New in Town

Why should I care?
Well now I’m gonna be hung up on how stupid that statement from me sounded, I embarrass myself more times than I’d like to admit

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Well now I’m gonna be hung up on how stupid that statement from me sounded, I embarrass myself more times than I’d like to admit
Nonsense young man!
Feel free to express whatever self you feel, whatever hat you desire and know many of us will enjoy watching as your endeavors evolve.
We all were young once, new once and in fact you have begun the hat journey long before most of us ever did.
Bravo.
You’ll have to go some to out stupid some before you.
Rate your fedoras?? No way, can’t even rate mine.
Bowen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana