Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Full Hat Collection Photographs Thread

MattJH

One Too Many
I'm thinking something like this thread. It's old, so I can't revise my post there. Good excuse to start a new one, yes? After lots of shuffling, trading, selling, buying, returning, etc. over the years, these are the surviving fur felt hats. Simple and efficient, just how I like it.

If you can't tell, Brooks Brothers made my favorite hatbox.

P.S. - I'm aware that many of you will need to break out multiple wide-angle lenses to display your full collection, so in that case, maybe just your favorites?

hat-collection.jpg

Back row, starting from the left:

Vintage Black Knox Bowler in 7 3/4 [Crown: 4" - Brim: 1 3/4" - Ribbon: 1 1/8"] w/original box
Vintage Fawn Herbert Johnson made for Brooks Brothers in 7 5/8 [Crown: 5 1/2" - Brim: 2 1/4" - Ribbon: 2"] w/original box
Vintage Brown Dobbs 20 in 7 5/8 [Crown: 5.5" - Brim: 2 3/4" - Ribbon: 1 5/8"] w/original box
Vintage Grey Stetson Whippet in 7 5/8 [Crown: 6" - Brim: 2 1/4" - Ribbon: 2 1/4"] w/Brooks Brothers box
Vintage Brown / Grey hybrid MacLachlan in 7 5/8 Long Oval [Crown: 5.5" - Brim: 2" - Ribbon: 2 1/8"] w/original box

Front row:

A Carbon Grey and Dark Brown Akubra Federation IV Standard in 7 5/8 - both modern and both with Brooks Brothers boxes.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very Nice

Impressive stuff Dumbjaw! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Great collection! I'm always happy to see someone with really nice hats,
especially when that person wears a different size than I do.:eusa_clap

carter

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, Dumbjaw! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

What's on your Christmas list? A Flagship, an Open Road, and/or a Stratoliner?
;) :)

MattJH

One Too Many
carter said:
What's on your Christmas list? A Flagship, an Open Road, and/or a Stratoliner? ;) :)

Hah.

I want one of those featherweight Champs that I see around every once in a while, but they're never my size. I used to have one in 7 5/8 that Optimo restored for me, and I still kick myself for selling it off back when I preferred stingy brims, which was only a year and a half ago.

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
JCBurns said:
I'll cheat and just provide a link to a couple of shots of my collection. Nothing new since this was posted. Oh except the beautiful Dobbs Fifth Avenue that M_Jones was kind enough to gift me after my terrible smoking hat tragedy! Thanks again M_Jones!!!

http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=21911

JCBurns

No problem my friend, I hope you like it.

Say, did you get my last PM?

Oh, to keep this on topic JCBurns has a very impressive hat collection!
And to think he "stole" them all out from under me...lol

bolthead

It was Time.....

I thought I'd try and organize some of my lids into a group type photo. I was able to fit 38 of them in this group. I guess I'll have to start another one for the rest.....this is what I came up with so far. [huh]

HatCollectionpartone-2.jpg

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Wow, Bolt,

That's quite a collection you've put together! :eusa_clap Seems just a week or two ago you were just starting out... ;)

Happy New Year!
Tom

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
bolthead said:
I thought I'd try and organize some of my lids into a group type photo. I was able to fit 38 of them in this group. I guess I'll have to start another one for the rest.....this is what I came up with so far. [huh]

HatCollectionpartone-2.jpg

Bolt, what is the hat in the bottom left corner? Looks real snazzy:eusa_clap

bolthead

Bart.....

handlebar bart said:
Bolt, what is the hat in the bottom left corner? Looks real snazzy:eusa_clap
It's a Resistol that I swapped with Gene. It has a Back bow and the felt is amazing, now one of my favorite Lids.....

CJ, it's there, 2nd row, 4th one in....not Purple there though. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points