Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funeral music recommendations

Buddy, this is a good idea!! :) Even, if the person wasn´t a drug addict.

I just love the song, especially the ending. One of my Bowie favorites.
"Space Oddity" and "Ashes to Ashes" are only two of my favorite David Bowie songs. I can't say I"m completely familiar with his entire catalog, but those two songs stand out for me.

As cremation is the compulsory procedure prior to a burial at sea here I’ll pick „The Roof Is On Fire“ by Rock Master Scott for me, taking the elevator down to the cellar.
Oh, HELLZ to the NAW!!! No disco, rap, or hip-hop for me thankyouverymuch. Well, there is one rap song that cracks me up--"Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot--but I don't think it would go over well at a funeral.

Maybe „Shot Down In Flames“ by AC/DC then, a real classic…
Nope. I've generally not been a fan of "heavy metal from the 70s" except for Alice Cooper and KISS (if they're even considered heavy metal; I just put 'em in the "rock" category), and I'm not gonna' start now. In fact, I've never heard that song before.

I suggest you get funky.

On a related note, why do we still not have a "vomiting" smiley here?
Big_Grin_Emoji.png

lidandom

New in Town
I didn't have a funeral ceremony because he asked to be cremated before my uncle died. And we turned to this service for this service -- https://newrestfunerals.co.uk/services/cremation/direct/, because it seemed to me that their prices are very low compared to other funeral services. And the only condition that my uncle set before his cremation was to include some Pink Floyd tracks. He just adored this band and was a fan of them. And we made his request a reality, which he told us to fulfil.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Nope. I've generally not been a fan of "heavy metal from the 70s" except for Alice Cooper and KISS (if they're even considered heavy metal; I just put 'em in the "rock" category), and I'm not gonna' start now. In fact, I've never heard that song before.

The early seventies era Alice Cooper Band were fantastic. KIss? Meh. A boyband.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko