Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funniest scenes in cinema history

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
ScionPI2005 said:
Speaking of The Thin Man, the scene in (I think its the second Thin Man movie) where Nick is talking to Mrs. Charles' male relatives who are gathered around the dinner table after the meal snoring. Nick Charles keeps up a one-sided conversation until he is asked to join a conversation in the other room.

yep! the whole act with her family is hilarious...

"when you hear the chime, it will be exactly--*nora hits him*"

LizzieMaine

Bartender
John in Covina said:
Carl La Fong!

Capital L, Small A, Capital F, Small O, Small N, Small G!

The You Toob clip unfortunately omits the later part of the scene, which features a lovely bit with Baby LeRoy and an ice pick, and a girl and her mother aruging about the relative merits of ipecac and syrup of squill. They just don't make 'em like that anymore.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
ScionPI2005 said:
Speaking of The Thin Man, the scene in (I think its the second Thin Man movie) where Nick is talking to Mrs. Charles' male relatives who are gathered around the dinner table after the meal snoring. Nick Charles keeps up a one-sided conversation until he is asked to join a conversation in the other room.

I love that over the 13-year span of the Thin Man movies (1934-1947), the performances can still make people laugh outloud. The scene that always makes me giggle is in "The Thin Man Comes Home." To follow up on a lead in a hotel, Nick tries to ditch Nora in the ballroom by giving his dance tickets to a sailor, who then proceeds to spin Nora all about. The camera focuses on just Nick's face, as he does a double take and his head ever so subtly moves up and around as he attempts to follow the crazy dance moves with his eyes. In the end, Nora - looking disheveled and dizzy after the wild dance - staggers down the hotel hallway trying to find Nick.

If I'm ever on a deserted island, just send me some sunblock and the Thin Man movies, and I'll be happy. Oh, and maybe some Sangria. ;)

GeniusInTheLamp

One of the Regulars
The mirror scene in DUCK SOUP ... especially when Groucho (and Harpo) break into that bizarre dance.

In more recent years, King Arthur's duel with the Black Knight in MONTY PYTHON & THE HOLY GRAIL. ("I'll bite your legs off!!")

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
How About A Magic Trick?

Im going to make this pencil disappear....

PencilTrick.gif

TA! DA! Its.. Its Goooone....
lol lol lol lol

just_me

Practically Family
GeniusInTheLamp said:
The mirror scene in DUCK SOUP ... especially when Groucho (and Harpo) break into that bizarre dance.

In more recent years, King Arthur's duel with the Black Knight in MONTY PYTHON & THE HOLY GRAIL. ("I'll bite your legs off!!")
I was wondering if anyone was going to mention Monty Python & the Holy Grail. That movie is packed with hilarious moments.

Edward

Bartender
There's also the Pythons' Life of Brian; the stoning sequence was just one among many that had me in stitches.

just_me

Practically Family
I watched The Awful Truth last night and there were several laugh out loud scenes. One being the bit with the bowler hat and then when Jerry and Armand were both hidden together and Dan and his mother show up. lol lol lol

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
Falling Down!

This movie has some of the funniest scenes in movie history.

Those that have seen the movie, might remember some of these scenes. lol

breakingpoint.jpg

The Fly Incident..That Lead To the Breaking Point...

26354-6009.jpg

Rolling Back Prices...

fallingdowndispute.jpg

Tresspassing On Private Property & Territorial Disputes.....

falling_down1.jpg

Shooting Lessons....

butiwantbk.jpg

But I Want Breakfast....

g64795857g6.gif

The phone Is Out of Order....

D-Fens1.jpg

What's Wrong With the Street??

1486-6009.jpg

Would You Get off My Golf Course!

nicky.jpg

We're The Same You and Me, We're The Same Dont You See?.....

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Fedord Spaniard said:
Im going to make this pencil disappear....

TA! DA! Its.. Its Goooone....
lol lol lol lol

great scene...i forgot how many times i had to explain to people how he did the trick...

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
SamMarlowPI said:
great scene...i forgot how many times i had to explain to people how he did the trick...

lol I couldnt help but laugh out loud when i saw this at the movies. This magic trick puts the floating dollar to shame. lol lol The only thing that can maybe top this is if the Joker asks to show his car. lol

cecil

A-List Customer
Edward said:
There's also the Pythons' Life of Brian; the stoning sequence was just one among many that had me in stitches.

Don't forget "Bigus Dickus"!

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned "I'm a man!" "well, nobody's perfect." yet.

JennyLou

Practically Family
ScionPI2005 said:

That scene was funny. I also like the part in the same film when the old butler tells the Charles to "walk this way" and Nick imitates that butler's funny walk. Mel Brooks used that same gag in Young Frankenstein.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
A scene that always make me laugh, no matter how many times I see it, is in Jaws, when Brody is chumming off the stern of the Orca, the shark surfaces to eat some of the chum, Brody sees it, is shocked to his feet, backs into the cabin where Quint and Hooper are, and says, in a calm but stunned voice, 'We're gonna need a bigger boat.' lol

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Just about all of The Meaning of Life.

"Can we 'ave your liver then?"
"Bloody Catholics never made the great leap out of the Middle Ages!"
"Papist Claptrap."
"We're destitute, children. I'm afraid I'll have to sell you off for scientific experiments."
"We'll take foreplay as read, all right my dear?"
"Biggs! Apparently your mother died today."
"Ah! I see you're using the machine that goes 'PING!'"
"Woke up this morning, one sock too many!"
"I'll 'ave the lot. And don't skimp on the pate'!"

And of course:

"It's only wafer thin!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24