Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funny (hopefully) hat story

ScottyBlues

Familiar Face
I've been wearing hats for many years now. I mean day in, day out, never leave the house without a hat on kind of thing. I'd almost rather go outside without my pants on that with no hat...almost.

One evening I was dining out with some friends and their parents. In that day, my standard hat was a wool blend Aussie style hat, like you typically find in outdoor equipment stores, like REI. We had a lovely meal, and got up to leave. As I always do, I looked around for my hat, popped in on my melon, and we walked out.

We stood outside talking for a while. It started to dawn on me that my friend's father had a funny look on his face. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Suddenly, it dawned on me that I had left my hat in the car because I was concerned there would be no place to put it while dining--as is so often the case. When it came time to leave, I had placed the father's hat on my head, thinking it was mine (and not paying too much attention, obviously).

I quickly took off his hat and apologized profusely. I asked him, "Why didn't you say something?" He just said, "I thought you were trying to be funny." I explained that I ALWAYS wear a hat and grabbed his not remembering that mine was in the car. He found the whole thing to be quite humorous.

I was reminded of this story when I read the thread on why people put initials in the hat band...not that I would have thought to check the initials.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou