Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fur felt industry vs animal protection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManWithNoName

New in Town
Dinerman: I had no idea until I started reading stuff here.

Edward: I am with you 100%. Of course, animals aren't people. But they still have emotions and feel pain and we need to use them responsibly.

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
So, what do the current felt industries use as the material? Wild Rabbit or from farm?

Gee, never thought that my question is controversial issue...

By the way, in some places in Indonesia, you indeed can find horse meat for consumption. It's usually cooked in form of satay or kebab :eek:

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Folks, as we all know this is a volatile issue with people here in the US and most likely around the world. I would ask that we try to stay on topic and keep it within civil guidelines.
Miss Brill, I do need to point out that, if you believe in evolution, then you must also agree that "selective breeding" IS natural, as we would not exist ourselves in our present form without the strong and adaptive among our ancestors breeding for the changes needed to survive. that can easily be deemed "selective breeding". The cheeseburger thing has my head spinning as i have never made a cheesburger hat nor worn one.:D

Today, most of the beaver fur comes from eastern Europe and is sent into this country in raw fur form. As for specific geographical areas that the beaver is harvested from, I don't have that info.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think this thread has outlived its 'Hats' usefulness. As a forum dedicated to hats we either accept the reality of fur bearing animals being used for them or find another hobby.

As my first official act as Bartender I hereby pass the buck. Off this thread goes to the Observation Bar.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
AlanC said:
As a forum dedicated to hats we either accept the reality of fur bearing animals being used for them or find another hobby.

Alan funny you should mention that, I was just wondering why anyone who was opposed to fur felt hats, would be on a forum dedicated to fur felt hats. JMHO

Point noted, the question remains -----

Alan funny you should mention that, I was just wondering why anyone who was opposed to fur felt hats, would be on a subforum dedicated to fur felt hats. JMHO

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Just for the record..

a -sub- forum is dedicated to hats....

per the FAQ

What is The Fedora Lounge?
This swanky venue resembles a 1930s-40s club comprised of like-minded people who share an interest and passion in the "Golden Era." So, stop on in, pull up a chair, order a drink and discuss the finer things in life, from cars to hats and clothes, music, aircraft, WWII, movies, and more.

Back to the original question, I'd suspect that most fedora-wearers don't get hassled about them because of the stereotype about "the Mob", and for the same reason as Harley riders don't get harassed over their leathers (or at least, it's never reported). If you were some fake-blood-thrower, would you wanna "dance" with someone who looks like a Hell's Angel or a Mafia torpedo? I think not... I know I certainly wouldn't...

So, I guess the stereotype can benefit us as much as it annoys us, it's all in knowing how to use it. Me, I think I'll go do some "choir practice" on my James Cagney or Marlon Brando voices...:Dlol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW