Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fur Scarves and Fur Collars

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
This isn't a collar or a scarf, it's actually a question.... I have a 40's fur cape, the inside however has long strips of lining fabric sewn at an angle on either side like straps connecting from shoulder to low-mid front. I can't comfortably put my arms through them and have the cape sit normal on my shoulders but i can tuck my hands through them, sometimes they fall over my chest and peek out from the cape. I was thinking they could be for a hanger but i'm not sure. Does anyone know what they are used for or have any ideas?

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I always thought a tippet, was the type that had the heads and tails on. Or just tails! I stand corrected if it applies to shawls and collars.

Hailey I have always wondered why some wraps had those bits on the inside. I have had some which definately had bits to slip your arms into, as they were elasticated, ruched material. Do you think perhaps they could be for putting your arms through, and maybe just really tiny as people were so much more petite in stature? Or is it as you said to just hang them up. That would be more likely IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner