Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

g-1 leather jacket

kojax

Practically Family
i was looking at gett a g-1 jacket. i was looking at lost words leather jacket. has anybody here every bought a jacket from this company thank you kojax

Wconly

Familiar Face
Yes! I have purchased two jackets from Lost Worlds...Stuart (sorry don't remember his last name) is wonderful to work with...great service, great products (a bit expensive), worth every penny! No complaints here. W>

kojax

Practically Family
g-1 jacket

has anybody every seen a g-1 leather jacket from u.s. mfg.....pictures on the web does not really show much thank you..

SGB

One of the Regulars
Why buy a repro when original black label G-1's are readily available and inexpensive? Nothing beats an original.

SGB

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Hi Kojax,

Have you decided that you want a reproduction G-1? The reason I ask is, depending on your size, originals are fairly easy to come by and generally cost less than LW's repros. Except for the five years between 1978 and 1983, the M-422/G-1 has been issued continuslly since the late 1930s. One can still find Vietnam-era goatskin jackets in very good condition for reasonable prices.

Atticus

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Atticus Finch said:
Hi Kojax,

Have you decided that you want a reproduction G-1? The reason I ask is, depending on your size, originals are fairly easy to come by and generally cost less than LW's repros. Except for the five years between 1978 and 1983, the M-422/G-1 has been issued continuslly since the late 1930s. One can still find Vietnam-era goatskin jackets in very good condition for reasonable prices.

Atticus

Agree they are plenty of good G-1s out there you could purchase. Even some 422As are available at a fairly good price. I would troll the ebay pages and so what they have first.

falcodriver

New in Town
Man 'o man, your in luck!....Size 38/40 is probably the easiest to obtain. You should certainly be able to acquire a great original for way less than a reproduction. I happen to have a 1962 Ralph Edwards B model G-1 size 40 here for sale that has some of the nicest goatskin I have ever seen on a G-1 model. It may be of interest to you if I knew measurements. You can PM me here or on the VLJ site if your interested. The jacket is a knockout!....In any case you should be able to find what your looking for. Best of luck!

Hacker

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Hi Falcodriver,

A cpuple of years ago, I bought my girlfriend a 1962, B-Series RE. What a great G-1! Honey-gold mouton collar. Beautiful, grainy goatskin. In my opinion, the best of the G-1s. Man, do I wish that I could find one in size 48.

Atticus

greyhound68

A-List Customer
My fav G-1 is this one made in 1960 one contract only by Brier and Amsterdam. Has an unusual blue lining. Thing was mint like it was never worn. Goatskin is much like that on the WW2 Roughwear 18091 A2 I have thin and real soft. So good G-1s are out there and in your size you will have a field day.
front_view_flat-2.jpg

falcodriver

New in Town
Atticus Finch said:
Hi Falcodriver,

A cpuple of years ago, I bought my girlfriend a 1962, B-Series RE. What a great G-1! Honey-gold mouton collar. Beautiful, grainy goatskin. In my opinion, the best of the G-1s. Man, do I wish that I could find one in size 48.

Atticus

Bobby G, your killing me!.......You tryin' to make me keep another one [huh] ......actually I picked up another Ed Church, yeah I know, just what I needed, another one, but something's gotta go..... I have said before, the B series are just outstanding jackets. This one is one of those jackets you just stare at the sleeves while your wearing it, fantastic grain....Can't say I have ever seen a repro that could match them.

Hacker

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You can buy Wartime M422a for between £100 and £200 on Ebay. I bought a very nice size 42 by G&F for around £100 recently. The quality of the goatskin on these wartime jackets is superior to most later naval jackets. I certainly would not buy a repro!

SamReu

One of the Regulars
Spokes Man

Yes, by all means go with eBay. You can find some really fine deals there for far, far less than you'd pay for something new.

kojax

Practically Family
gi jacket

i was looking at lost words webiste wow there gi jacket is very pricey 825.00 crazy.....

Raymundo

One of the Regulars
If anyone buys an older G-1 on Ebay be carefull that the seller has been thorough with their description. I just bought one described in "excellent condition" that has many flaws that were not mentioned. At best, this jacket is in fair condition and needs to be restored. So a word to the wise, ask the seller questions and ask for additional pictures if necessary before bidding on one of these older jackets. I am trying to get my money back.

Ray

Thornhill

New in Town
From the Lost Worlds website:

On the various flight and vintage jacket forums, where "men" put up digital pictures for their "buddies" of how they look in flight jackets -- children dressing up, no, cross-dressing as adults -- one can read expert instructions on aging, softening, antiquing new jackets to give them that flown-in look, for those whose knowledge of American history and masculine imagery are but flights of the remotest fantasy.

How does he know who to sell to and who not to sell to? Technically, I suppose anyone wearing an A-2 not currently serving in the United States Air Force is playing dress-up. This guy included. It is, after all, a military issue garment. [huh] I suppose if you have the cash, it doesnt matter to him what you do in your spare time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy