G-1 / M-422A Tribute Fantasy Jacket 2

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by bn1966, May 29, 2020.

1. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Just about to embark on my second budget G-1 / M-422A USN 'Fantasy' Jacket (1st attempt back in 2015, very close but no cigar).

First attempt was a 'keeper' really but being in a ruthless mind-set at the time I moved it on (zippering final quarter of jacket caused a bit of mild leather pull). Regretted moving it ever since.

Due to a forced reduction in activity due to C-19, I've saved a few coppers and gathered the usual suspects for another go (decent rust mouton, lining, repro buttons, Rack N Rib knits & a NOS G-1 Conmar zipper). And most importantly someone who I think can pull it off in terms of building the jacket.

Looking at Seal Goatskin co-joined with the above in a fusion of G-1 & M-422A features with hopefully a USN 'tribute' type jacket at a budget cost as the end result (these days I'm not too bothered about accuracy, just a decent wearer).

Completed jacket should hopefully be posted up mid-late June (this year). Fingers crossed :)

Pictures below of completed first jacket & components going into the new build.

61250-e1dd4806e386f9f598c557105c8ad7c3.jpg IMG_2043.jpg

2. Deacon211

Deacon211 Practically Family

Love to see the finished product!

bn1966 likes this.
  3. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Will be sure to post up finished jacket Deacon, after a really light wearer so going down the 1 mm thickness route on the hide which I'm informed was the case with some early G-1 contracts

Deacon211 likes this.
  4. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Well it's been made & now I'm just waiting for it to arrive :)

DSC_2709 copy (2).jpg

Zoo and thor like this.