Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gable - Turtle & Leather

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Come on Mud...

Dying to see this HH baby of yours, and I know that any salute to Mr Hughes' (from his more dashing days) on this place will attract a big audience, bet your bottom dollar it will :eusa_clap

The anticipation now Mud is just too much!! Go For It!:eusa_clap

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
To answer on the lining...

Well Scott, it is a dark green cashmere lining, which is lovely, with dark brown cotton drill lining in the sleeves for max durability. Aero left the bottom of the lining open to allow for airflow/ventilation.

I wish I could say that folk stop me in the street, gasp..and splutter out:eek: , "My goodness, has anyone told you you're the spitting image of Clark Gable!!"

But the jacket (double breasted FQHH) is a winner and will outlive 'me.' It looks as good with a Fedora as with a Newsboy, and depending on which headwear, takes on a totally different appearance.

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
That is an excellent ensemble that Gable is wearing.

He had a brother in acting?

Good thread. Picked up a few ideas about dressing with the new car, and of course the brother tidbit.

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
scotrace said:
There was no brother, I'm afraid. Paddy had a joke. The vanished picture was of Paddy in his Aero.

Lol! lol Hook, line and sinker! :eusa_clap

I'm still going to clone that ensemble for dress, of sorts.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
There was no way you could have known. :)

I agree 100%. That's still a great jacket & sweater combo. The collector's edition DVD of GWTW has a fair amount of such footage. I wish I could share the snipet of video!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner