Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gable vs. Bogart

Mr. Panda looks like he is staggering for something ! :eeek:

200-2.gif

Mr. Panda is thirsty ...:D

Damned Panda is a certifable drunk. He knocks back a keg at a time. :doh:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Either I'm going to be found dead in a snowbank, a shovel gripped in my icy fingers, or I'm going to be convicted of murdering a snowplow driver by lowering his own blade on his own neck. There's no third choice.

Neither Gable nor Bogart would keep filling in my driveway.

Either I'm going to be found dead in a snowbank, a shovel gripped in my icy fingers, or I'm going to be convicted of murdering a snowplow driver by lowering his own blade on his own neck. There's no third choice.

If memory serves, your grandmother had a "creative" solution to the same problem.

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab

I'm certain that I'd be in the same boat- or at least serving six to thirty for taking my shovel and turning that plow driver into a popsicle- if I didn't have my snow blower. I like mine so much that I actually enjoy clearing my drive and walks when we have a decent (6 inches or more) accumulation. I even do my neighbor's drive, if he needs it done. And if those village plows bury the end of the drive, I just clear the banks out after they leave- a battle of attrition that I always win. There's enough physical exertion that at the end that I get that "job well done" glow that welcomes a hot shower without the extreme physical exhaustion.

For me, relying upon the machine is also a matter of avoiding the inevitable MI that would take place if I had to rely upon hand shoveling, because I sure as heck could never rely upon my able bodied (but decidedly lazy) adult son to do it.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up

I'm betting Gable would find a snowplow driver buried here in the snow &
if he's still breathing...Bogart would make sure he keeps his trap shut or else. :eeek:

30m6bly.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner