Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gallery - Akubra Campdraft

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is a great color, Michael. I'm liking the color & crease a lot. I do plan to take out just a bit of the cup from the flange & leave a bit of it at the binding the next time I make steam. Plus it has a couple of dimples in the crease to smooth out. But it has just a bit too much cup for what I like & I can't get used to it.
Here is my silver belly camp draft. I steamed some of the cup out of the front.
d4057a35790fd080f02019a799d81227.jpg
28b418087eb7ec16e860e325d4883a92.jpg
a3cbf43fcdab555ad18d51eb712161a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Desert dog

And it looks great too, DD! You have some beautiful OR clones in the Cattleman style. I look but have trouble finding many other brands in an OR, probably due to my size.
Thank you Hurricane. I have the same problem with size. It's frustrating to see so many OR clones in 6 7/8 - 7 1/8, at great prices.

Desert dog

Ugh, I think I'm gonna have to order one now from the EA sale even with the three month wait. Is it as good to wear as it is to look at?
Very good wearing, very comfortable. I probably wear this hat more than any others.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
Ugh, I think I'm gonna have to order one now from the EA sale even with the three month wait. Is it as good to wear as it is to look at?

My EA BGGCD was suppose to take 3 months. 3 months turned into 5 1/2 months, with me having to chase down status updates. Time costs money, and if possible and with a vendor I'm not positive about, sometimes I'd rather spend the extra to not have to wait. The Hattery aka Hatsdirect.com may have the Silverbelly in stock in your size; maybe worth asking if you're willing to pay the difference. Otherwise, by the time you get your CD, it may be time to break out the straw again. :D

If you're going to order one that Everything Australian doesn't have in stock, at this time of year sooner is better than later. Remember, the southern hemisphere of the planet is transitioning from spring into summer, and Akubra shuts down for two or three weeks (in January or February, I think) because the temperatures during their summers are regularly in the upper-90s to low-100s (°F) and they don't want to kill their employees.

Hoping to reactivate this thread started by gtdean48 in 2009 in an effort to consolidate more info specific to the Akubra Campdraft. Hoping the mods will consolidate such threads into this one, & specifically the thread concerning the Stetson Open Road/Akubra Campdraft crossovers.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/stetson-akubra-open-road.52809/

I was not able to come up with much additional info on my latest Campdraft other than it was originally sold by The Panama Hat Company when they were an Akubra dealer some time ago. It arrived like new & is the softest felt of the CD's I have. It was looking very Western or Outback-like with no brim flange to speak of, no brim binding & a two cord Western ribbon. I immediately liked the tall straight block so I sent it off to Scott for some brim work including a simple circle stitch color matched to a 7/8" mid ribbon. To me this version of Silverbelly is what Silverbelly used to be, before the tan undertones common today. So I chose a silver blue ribbon. Added just a simple center crease. Scott did a great job for me!

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2473.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

There wasn't necessarily anything wrong with it as received but I have plenty of Western hats & was wanting something more along the lines of an early crossover Western dress hat.

IMG_2140.jpg

Please add your Campdraft pics & info to this thread.
Just when I thought I could do without a Campdraft I see this. What a great hat. Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot