Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen, show us what you've made!

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Wool tweed with wool lining:
50612,bushjacket01SW6R5.jpg

Really like this! This is the kind of outdoor jacket I like. Any shots of the lining?

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
Sorry R_B, I haven't been to this thread in a while.....I eyeballed the shoulder strap portions and used a pattern for the holsters...Patterned after the ones from "The Mummy".......I sized them to fit my Victory Model S&W
holstermavs004.jpg

holstermavs008.jpg

holstermavs011.jpg

holstermavs006.jpg
No problem, I understand...
Thank you for the pics! I can't wait to get my hands on some good leather and start working on my own!

Hepville

One of the Regulars
No shots of the lining, Nick. It´s already packed as a Christmas gift.

I´ve made another Christmas present:
A notebook binding. The pocket is made from Cone Mills selvedge denim. I had a little leftover... sadly it wasn´t enough to make the whole binding with it... but I guess I will make this again with some cone or japan selvedge denim.

52288,buch19DBHG.jpg

52289,buch2A0JYB.jpg

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Great wool tweed jacket Hepville! Love it! I need to get back into my sewing mood. I have only made hollywood waist slacks and not tried anything else. I want to try to make a 30s style newsboy caps since I've noticed they are hard to find the right vintage cut. We'll see.

Hepville

One of the Regulars
Thanks Johnny J. The pattern dates to 1938. There´s also azippered option included. Need to find the time to grade it to a bigger size.
My newsboy pattern is a common 1940s cut... I personally don´t like it when it looks too "fungous"
I have a 30s flat cap pattern in line that wants to be tried out... besides some other stuff... need more time I guess.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Just read this thread from start to end and I have to say that there is some seriously nice stuff being made by some seriously skilled people, well done to all.....now where's she hidden away that sewing machine/overlocker I bought her in 1993?

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Johnny J. The pattern dates to 1938. There´s also azippered option included. Need to find the time to grade it to a bigger size.
My newsboy pattern is a common 1940s cut... I personally don´t like it when it looks too "fungous"
I have a 30s flat cap pattern in line that wants to be tried out... besides some other stuff... need more time I guess.

Where can I find a 30s or 40s newsboy pattern?

Hepville

One of the Regulars
Where can I find a 30s or 40s newsboy pattern?
Don´t know... i´ve made my own by degrading a vintage 40s newsboy. The condition was really bad and not worth a repair.

I´ve made another jacket.. have I already mentioned I LOVE making jackets?
It´s a 1940s pattern. I guess it could easily fit in the "reproduction classic workwear" thread. No lining, but felled seams. Made from heavyweight melton wool. Pockets are rayon lined:
52496,melton018QQAT.jpg

52497,melton05UKI7V.jpg

52498,melton09LJ0CE.jpg

52499,melton083AR8N.jpg

coble

A-List Customer
i'm using natural cowhide 1 1/2 inch strap. I plan on staining them with Eco-Flo Professional Waterstain Tan.

Corky

Practically Family
Web Wars

G.C.E Vectrex platform: Original Concept and Game Design for Web Wars

Vectrex-300x2401.jpg

Game Play

You become the Hawk King in Web Wars and you character will come into view at the bottom of the screen. You will be soaring through the Web of Fantasy in search of the prized creatures that inhabit this part of the universe. Your mission is to safely navigate the Web while attempting to capture as many of the 20 species of the creatures as you can for display in your Trophy Room.

As you begin, you will encounter squadrons of deadly guardian Drones that protect each of the creatures. The Drones will attack you mercilessly and will destroy Hawk King on contact. Move quickly and cautiously through the Web using your blaster to eliminate them. The Drones may also be out-maneuvered in flight, however they will return to follow you at a speed ten m.p.h. faster than the speed you passed them. You may slow down and allow these Drones to get in front of you again to destroy them or speed up and leave them behind you. The greater speed you are traveling, the higher points scored for destroying a Drone.
When a creature appears, use the joystick to position Hawk King within the Web so that you will meet it head-on and capture it with you Capture Rod. Once you have captured a creature, a portal will appear within the Web - this leads to your Trophy Room where you place the captured creatures on display. Soar through the portal and enter the seclusion of your Trophy Room. When you are prepared to return to the hunt, press either button 1 or 2, and you will be transported back into the Web of Fantasy.
If you fail to capture a species after two of its creatures have appeared, or fail to enter a portal after two attempts, the dreaded Cosmic Dragon will appear in the distance and rapidly approach you. When you are within range, it will shoot fireballs at you with deadly accuracy. Unfortunately, you have no defense against the Cosmic Dragon other than avoiding its fireballs with split-second adjustments in your flight pattern. Each time the Cosmic Dragon appears, its accuracy will improve and it will fire a greater number of fireballs. Beware!
As the Hawk King, you will be provided with five lives. Use extreme caution as you travel through the Web. Contact with a guardian Drone, one of the creatures or one of the Cosmic Dragon's fireballs will destroy one of your lives.

Characters

Hawk King
Through the magic of Web Wars, you are transformed into Hawk King, a creature capable of incredible power and speed. You will be equipped with a blaster that will enable you to destroy the deadly guardian Drones that protect the fantasy creatures and a Capture Rod which you use to capture the devilishly shrewd creatures.
Drones
The Drones are four-pointed, star-shaped bodies that travel in squadrons protecting each of the 20 species of fantasy creatures. They may be destroyed with your blaster or avoided in flight. However if they are not destroyed, they will return to follow Hawk King 10 m.p.h. faster than the speed you were traveling when you originally passed them.
Fantasy Creatures
There are 20 species of these shrewd little creatures - each more difficult to capture than the one before. Your blaster will have no effect on them whatsoever. You can only capture them with your Capture Rod. Capture as many as you can. Maybe you'll be the first to see AND capture the elusive twentieth specie! Remember, they are as deadly as they are shrewd. Contact with one of the creatures will result in a loss of one of your five lives.
Cosmic Dragon
The most deadly protector of the inhabitants of the Web, the Cosmic Dragon will appear if you fail to capture the creatures or gain entry to your Trophy Room after two attempts. You can only avoid it through skillful flying.
Trophy Room
By soaring through one of the entry portals, you will be able to travel to your Trophy Room. After capturing one of the species, mount it on your wall with the rest of your hunting trophies. You may rest briefly in the seclusion of the Room and return to the hunt when you are again prepared to meet the challenge of the Web. You will automatically be returned to the Web after 30 seconds if you haven't pushed one of the exit buttons.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
This is a project I finished during the Christmas holiday. A double breasted waistcoat for wear with morning dress or as an odd waistcoat. The pattern was derived using instructions for making a db pattern from a single breasted one, and the single breasted pattern was made some time ago by copying an original 1940s waistcoat. This is really a full mock-up, but is wearable until I make another from better fabric.

The lapels are grown on (cut in one with the fronts), and the collar is laid on in the same manner as jacket collars. The canvas does not reach all the way to the sides, and the pockets are stayed to the side seams. The other ends are tacked to the canvas. The edges and roll line are taped with cotton india tape.

This shows the inside and outside before the facings were put in.
DSC08804.jpg

DSC08801.jpg

Here are the facings, collar, and back sewn on. The long tab coming off the top of the collar is the neckpiece, which here is cut in one with the collar.
DSC08901.jpg

I don't have any finished photos yet, but will post them when I get them.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The drafting instructions only come with this small pictures and you have to use more maths? I think I have some german magazines with drafts. If you search for something special i could look it up, scan it and maybe translate it. Would be to much work to do it with all of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21