Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen, show us what you've made!

Qirrel

Practically Family
A cap made from leftover fabric:

img_2526.jpg

img_2527.jpg

Kabel

Familiar Face
It's absolutely great to see all these beautifully hand-crafted items. Makes me wish I could sew, do metal work and so on.
Love the cap Qirrel!
Does illustration count as 'creating' in this thread, or is it purely garments and some other crafts?

HodgePodge

One of the Regulars
It's absolutely great to see all these beautifully hand-crafted items. Makes me wish I could sew, do metal work and so on.
Love the cap Qirrel!
Does illustration count as 'creating' in this thread, or is it purely garments and some other crafts?
I certainly don't want to discourage you from posting, but I think that might be more appropriate in the "show us your art" thread. :)

Zeropositive

Familiar Face
Here's another EvaDress pattern I finished a little while ago. It's the 1940s men's robe, in the shorter length. I did the robe in green wool flannel, the facings in satin, and added an internal button to keep the right lapel in place.

DSC06015.jpg

DSC06016.jpg

Any resemblence to the pattern artwork is purely coincidental ;)

I just wanted to say if you were making them to order I would order one :D
I find it that impressive :)

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
Holster rig I made (first attempt) for my S&W Victory Model.....patterned after Rick O'Connell's from "The Mummy." I need one more VM.

myvic4.jpg

Amazing first attempt! I work with leather sometimes and can appreciate the effort put into these! Did you design them from a pattern or make your own? Either way, is there a way you could share the design/where to find the pattern? I would like a shoulder holster to complete my wardrobe but these are by far the best I've found...

I posted once before, but I guess this is a "bump"...

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
A cap made from leftover fabric:

img_2526.jpg

img_2527.jpg

I am planning on doing the same thing with the fabric from old, somewhat ruined linen blend jacket. Did you use a pattern, or draft it yourself?

By the way, progress on my 1934 trousers: I have traced, altered and cut my pattern and am now waiting for my linen to arrive in the mail.

Qirrel

Practically Family
I am planning on doing the same thing with the fabric from old, somewhat ruined linen blend jacket. Did you use a pattern, or draft it yourself?

By the way, progress on my 1934 trousers: I have traced, altered and cut my pattern and am now waiting for my linen to arrive in the mail.

I made my own pattern, measurements roughly copied from another cap. I've described the method in my blog.

StewartU

New in Town
What EvaDress pattern number did you use?

Here's another EvaDress pattern I finished a little while ago. It's the 1940s men's robe, in the shorter length. I did the robe in green wool flannel, the facings in satin, and added an internal button to keep the right lapel in place.

DSC06016.jpg

Nick, impressive work and a lovely finished product. What EvaDress pattern did you use? was it the 4477?

Thanks,

Stewart

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
To warm up before cutting and sewing the linen suit, I have made a cap out of another some of the linen from a jacket that I unfortunately wore and ruined in Venice last summer.
Photo5-1.jpg

Photo2-1.jpg

Photo12-3.jpg

I drafted the pattern following the directions from Mr. Qirrel's blog.

TCMfan25

Practically Family

DSC06015.jpg

DSC06016.jpg

I don't suppose you have got any extra robes of yours laying around? Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge, Say No More, Say No More, Eh?
python_nudge_tax_small.jpg

_Nightwing

One of the Regulars

You made that? That is some seriously impressive stuff. I hope you realize that you could package and sell those. For a lot. Also I have to ask: how does one (you) ruin a linen suit in Venice? Did you fall in a canal? Italian ice cream? Lipstick?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
You made that? That is some seriously impressive stuff. I hope you realize that you could package and sell those. For a lot. Also I have to ask: how does one (you) ruin a linen suit in Venice? Did you fall in a canal? Italian ice cream? Lipstick?
I think I will leave you guessing, since your stories are much more interesting than the truth.

Anyway, about selling them, I definitely would love to sell a couple if there would be interest (I would have to see about sourcing some more fabric). They are not that tough to make.

Hepville

One of the Regulars
The latest two jackets I´ve made...

Faux fur collar and vintage conmar zipper:
50613,fliegerjacke014Y3TE.jpg

50614,fliegerjacke02YYO74.jpg

Wool tweed with wool lining:
50612,bushjacket01SW6R5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member