Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen, show us what you've made!

DamianM

Vendor
100% handmade

image02202013181118.jpg

downsizedimage022020131.jpg

Inspired by this LVC Triple Pleat Jacket in gingham. I just need to give it a bleach-ish wash---or should I not.
GInham+threepleat.jpg

jerryleetypes

New in Town
Here are a couple of pairs of jeans that I've made recently. The first pair are made from 13 oz. Cone Mills selvedge denim and feature a cinch back and triple stitched yoke and seat seams.

405766100.jpg

405766101.jpg

The second pair are made from 14.5 oz Japanese selvedge denim. This is the heaviest denim I've sewn with. These jeans were a custom order and turned out really great.

405766099.jpg

Let me know what y'all think!

D

Deleted member 16736

These jeans are gorgeous! I don't anyone who sews their own jeans. What do you charge? Do you make any 40s/50s styles?

jerryleetypes

New in Town
These jeans are gorgeous! I don't anyone who sews their own jeans. What do you charge? Do you make any 40s/50s styles?

Thanks! I've been selling them for $150. As for 40's & 50's styles I haven't specifically patterned anything like that but the rise on my jeans tends to be a bit longer than modern jeans and the legs are fuller. I can certainly make period correct jeans if you're interested.

D

Deleted member 16736

Thanks! I've been selling them for $150. As for 40's & 50's styles I haven't specifically patterned anything like that but the rise on my jeans tends to be a bit longer than modern jeans and the legs are fuller. I can certainly make period correct jeans if you're interested.

That's a fair price. Did you pattern your cinchback jeans after an original pair?

jerryleetypes

New in Town
That's a fair price. Did you pattern your cinchback jeans after an original pair?

The details (pocket shape, cinch back and yoke shape) are based on a measurements that I took from a 1940's pair of cinch back jeans that I own. The rise on the original pair is in the neighborhood of 15"! That long of a rise looks somewhat comical on the modern body so I shortened the rise to 12.5". Still much higher than most contemporary jeans, but doesn't look odd.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You know some people here are desperately searching for the "comical" high rise on trousers because most other modern jeans are terrible low rise? It's a niche market. Small but it is there.

A good way to be different in the oversaturated denim market. Just saying... :D

jerryleetypes

New in Town
You know some people here are desperately searching for the "comical" high rise on trousers because most other modern jeans are terrible low rise? It's a niche market. Small but it is there.

A good way to be different in the oversaturated denim market. Just saying... :D

I make custom jeans so I will happily make a pair with any length of rise that a customer desires!

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
This might be a big post but here are some detail shots of the suit I just finished, it's based off a turn of the 20th century sack suit but I included some 1930's details in the lapel and fitted back.
The main material is cotton with a great twill shirting material I found for a lining,

tumblr_miy77rEpTo1qhhvpco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_miy77rEpTo1qhhvpco2_1280.jpg

Vintage Buttons
tumblr_miy77rEpTo1qhhvpco3_1280.jpg

tumblr_miy77rEpTo1qhhvpco4_1280.jpg

tumblr_miy77rEpTo1qhhvpco6_1280.jpg

Some decorative stitched I added to the back of the waistcoat
tumblr_miy77rEpTo1qhhvpco7_1280.jpg

tumblr_miy77rEpTo1qhhvpco8_1280.jpg

What do you guys think?

DamianM

Vendor
This might be a big post but here are some detail shots of the suit I just finished, it's based off a turn of the 20th century sack suit but I included some 1930's details in the lapel and fitted back.
The main material is cotton with a great twill shirting material I found for a lining,

Vintage Buttons

What do you guys think?

I Love this suit.
Cinch back Slacks! DB Peak Lapel Waistcoat!
Id like me a set!

DamianM

Vendor

Bugsy

One Too Many

Vintage Buttons

What do you guys think?

Beautifully done!! I love the waistcoat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24