Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Genuine shell cordovan shoes

sfend002

Familiar Face
Tomasso said:
Carmina + Horween = :eusa_clap

Carmina1.jpg

That is a work of art!

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Przewalski horse-hide

3019631434_eb5e237483.jpg

Cookie,

You seem to hold a pair of shoes made from a leather that is extinct in the wild and survives only in captivity - the Whiskey shell cordovan seems to be phased out...I only have a few samples of it and did not snap the shells somewhere back in 2004 when they were still available[huh] .

The dark brown ones have a nice Mocca Color.

Nice Chukka!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Tom

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Not mine just some shell-luvvin guys on Askandy.

Ron Rider ankle balmoral wing tip Shell#8 cordovan boot on his high boot soft squared last

Rideranklebalmoralwingtipboot1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The Deacon

New in Town
E.E. Taylor of Brockton MA circa 1950's vintage Adelaide/Balmoral Shell Cordovan Wingtips in size 8C. Collector's Item as the manufacturer later became/merged with Cole Haan. They are the best shells I've ever seen and I am selling them, $375.

DSC05031.jpg

DSC05038.jpg

DSC05039.jpg

DSC05042.jpg

DSC05035.jpg

DSC05037.jpg

DSC05043.jpg

DSC05040.jpg

The Shooman

Practically Family
The Deacon said:
E.E. Taylor of Brockton MA circa 1950's vintage Adelaide/Balmoral Shell Cordovan Wingtips in size 8C. Collector's Item as the manufacturer later became/merged with Cole Haan. They are the best shells I've ever seen and I am selling them, $375.

DSC05031.jpg

Pity the weren't an 8D. :( Anyway, i'm expecting a new pair of shell cordovan shoos this week and are expecting another one in January. l like shell because it feels luxury and looks like the leather l always dreamed about, + it's low maintainance and can be punished.

gshen

New in Town
He also does...

http://www.fabulashoes.hu/gb/index_termekeink.php

Mr. Fabula László - the leather Soul from Dömsöd
berlin_oxblod_2.jpg

Another HUN guy who does nice shoes
http://www.koronya.com/page1.php

It is not only Mr. Vass who does shell cordovan boots
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3786/ulastchukkabootbrownshellcordovanfq7.jpg

While we are here - did you notice the color difference of Alden and Allen Edmonds? Their Shell cordovanns seem to be much more intense in their color. The Horween Cordovan shells have namely this less intense color displayed on these Hungarian shoes.

Sorry about the thread necromancy!

Tom, I wonder how you would rate your shoes by Fabula Lazlo compared to those by Vass? The current pricepoint of about 300EUR for regular leathers makes his offerings very tempting..

SteveAS

Practically Family

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice buy, Jon. I have the same shoes (as well as a pair in black), which I've worn about two days a week for the last decade. They've been "recrafted" two or three times by Allen Edmonds over the years and still look like new when they're freshly shined).

I appreciate your voice of confidence Steve. I have three pair of EAs and thought I stay with them with my first codvan shell purchase knowing my size in AE. To my my eye EA makes some shape looking shoes and they are generally available on ebay in my size at reasonable pricing..

WineGuy

A-List Customer
19813af0.jpg

alden-for-jcrew-cordovan-boot-selectism.jpg

Got these Alden Jump Boots from J. Crew on "Black Friday" at 12:01 am at 30% off the $600 price tag. Alden doesn't allow discounting the brand and JC said in the fine print that the discount did not apply to them...I tried anyway and it took the order and discounted it. Within 15 minutes JC pulled the shoes off their website.

That said...they were worth every penny! I have never experienced such a fit and feel in my life, and the more I wear them the better they get. The Shell cordovan is extremely resilient and I only polish them about once every few months, just a quick horsehair brush off every morning to get the dust off. What really impresses me is how well they conformed to my feet shape given that the leather is so stiff at first. Even the interior leather lining is in a class by itself, my feet don't sweat like they do in cheap shoes and the lining leather is taking on a delicate patina instead of turning dark and stained as was the case with my "made in China/India/Boondock" shoes of past. If anyone is considering these boots, you must order a half size smaller that what you normally wear. I'm a 10E and these are 9.5D and couldn't fit better.

The Shooman

Practically Family
l am a critic of shell cordovan (many reasons), but l find they are most valuable when worn in winter. l was wearing a pair of my shell shoes yesterday and was blown away by how good they are looking, they look like really old shoes (despite being only a year old) and have the classic characteristic rolls on the vamp.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner