Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Nice Habig Manfred, the ventilation system looks "cool". I like the sweat too, it has a nice patina but still looks solid. Congrats!

P. & C. Habig Vienna Brass Plate, late 1800s early 1900s (Mounted)

8288340711_5af7441159_c.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Perry, thank you very much!

Steve, wonderful. I like it, really.

The Hückel's are arrived yesterday.

The gray one is a Chamois and the flecked felt is a Hückel Clipper Pork Pie.
Both hats are very dirty and stained.
After a good brushing and spraying with a special mix of alcohol and water, I could remove most of them with a rag. I believe, If I would soak the hat, it would be come out like new. The Clipper liner is very soiled. I has to remove it.
Unfortunately, the print of the liner of the Chamois taken Damage.

hueckelchamois4.jpg

hueckelclipper5.jpg

Manfred, Looks like they had some heavy use but you got them for a super deal. The Hückel's Clipper are really fun hats. The Chamois has a really great look. The ribbon width and bow design are fantastic!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
I know your standards for condition are very high Manfred but I think most Loungers would agree those are nice vintage hats. I have to agree with you that soiled liners are icky though! My Lock & Co was that way and a gas bath made it kutie free and wearable again. Beautiful felt on your Clipper and you wear it well as evidenced by your post on the WHAYWT thread. Prost!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Mike, my friend! Thank you very much and thanks for the tip with the gas bath. I like the Hückels, both.
The Clipper is a very nice hat. Not my first Pork Pie, but the only one, who looks not bad on me. haha.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
My father picked it up from a local auction business. Way too small for my noggin (not my type of hat anyway). I have no idea on what it is. Just thought I would take some pictures of it, and try to aid him in finding out some info (posted the same pics in the dating thread), for when he pute it on ebay.

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Awesome! Thank you, Manfred!!

I searched google for 'Lembert Hats', and all I recieved was some ad's, and pictures of houses... must not be to keen on the keywords that have to be used!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn