Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

Dehazet Supplier Directory For The Entire Hat Industry And Related Businesses (1928)

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionz...ire-hat-industry-and-related-businesses-1928/

This is a very important find I made on my recent (September 21, 2016) visit to the Gotisches Haus (Gothic House) Hat Museum Library, Bad Homburg, Germany. This is a directory of the entire German Hat related businesses circa 1928. It also contains information other European hat companies. I have been looking for a comprehensive directory like this for a long time. It's also from a great time period because a large number of companies were still in business.

Deutsche Hutmacher-Zeitung (German Hat Maker News), February 9, 1929 from the from the Gotisches Haus (Gothic House) Bad Homburg , Germany collection. Advertisements, industry news and company lists.

(Click On Photos To Expand!)

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionz...german-hat-maker-news-february-9-1929/?p=1583

29646431440_f50dba53ff_h.jpg

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
A nice velour fedora I picked up. Date please?(pic heavy)

I recently bought this nice condition German, maybe Austrian grey fedora. It is n really good condition, that is no storage marks or sweat stains and the inner leather band is in a really clean state.
The hat is about a 57cm though a rather soft construction so I have to shape it once on my head or there are 'dents' and finger marks everywhere.
Let the pictures do the talking but I would like to know how old it is.
A couple of questions though please. Is this hat known as a fedora or is there a German equivalent?
Should it be worn with brim down or just the front snapped down?
£30(not ebay :)
Just need to look for a coat to go with it now.
Many thanks, J
PA040043_zpschveimnk.jpg

PA040044_zpsoxm5w112.jpg

PA040045_zpskanwpdrr.jpg

PA040052_zpssklgbntd.jpg

PA040050_zpsvbuf0col.jpg

PA040051_zpsibugvu9k.jpg

PA040054_zpsjgzuvlg1.jpg

PA040047_zpst54pjqex.jpg

A nice velour fedora I picked up. Date please?(pic heavy)

I recently bought this nice condition German, maybe Austrian grey fedora. It is n really good condition, that is no storage marks or sweat stains and the inner leather band is in a really clean state.
The hat is about a 57cm though a rather soft construction so I have to shape it once on my head or there are 'dents' and finger marks everywhere.
Let the pictures do the talking but I would like to know how old it is.
A couple of questions though please. Is this hat known as a fedora or is there a German equivalent?
Should it be worn with brim down or just the front snapped down?
£30(not ebay :)
Just need to look for a coat to go with it now.
Many thanks, J
PA040043_zpschveimnk.jpg

PA040044_zpsoxm5w112.jpg

PA040045_zpskanwpdrr.jpg

PA040052_zpssklgbntd.jpg

PA040050_zpsvbuf0col.jpg

PA040051_zpsibugvu9k.jpg

PA040054_zpsjgzuvlg1.jpg

PA040047_zpst54pjqex.jpg
This Velour Hat was made by Anton Peschel Dinkelsbühl (Germany). Probably later 1950s but could be a bit later. It's a really great hat and in very good condition. It's a Snap Brim so probably worn mostly brim down. It can be worn casual or with suit / sport jacket. Can you tell me the name (right side) on the paper label? The original size is 55cm. You can learn more about Anton Peschel at my site.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/8-peschel-hutfabrik/

Last edited:

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
What I know about German and Austrian hats is, zilch.

But I saw this cool hat on ebay and bid on it. It went for very little, from a seller just 4 hours north of me in Seattle, Washington, where I lived until about 1982. There is a sizeable German community in the greater Seattle area. The love of my 16 year old heart was a sweet German girl with dark, dark brown hair and beautiful, big brown eyes a young man could get lost in. Her brother was my best friend until his passing. They'd get together every year in the fall and make sausages. Ymmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

No light here for better pictures. The color is darker than the pictures show, more of a dark hunter green like my old Eddie Bauer parka. It's in excellent shape but for some wear on the satin liner. The felt is excellent, with a long hair finish but much thicker "hair" than I've seen here in U.S. made hats in a longhair, sateen or satin finish.

i-hRdM66d-L.jpg

i-xQ6NJrp-L.jpg

i-z6S5fgx-L.jpg

i-8W2XQ9R-L.jpg

i-NbNMPqX-L.jpg

i-jngxnZH-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn