Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

Harv, Thanks! You see that color combo (also black felt with gold ribbon) sometimes with German and Austrian hats. The mid ribbon also adds to the look. Something the anti black felt crowd might want to take a look at. :)

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
Very pleased with this one. Great condition, and an added bonus in that I thought this was going to be identical to another Huckel I used to own thats now in Garretts wonderful collection.

This has a shorter finish and a raw edge brim. Absolutely stunning hat, the leather hatbox it came with is in great condition as well with both original keys.

Last edited:
Major congrats! It's a real beauty and in fantastic condition! The ribbon looks really wide and a great bow design. If you find time can you let me know the dimensions (brim, crown open, ribbon width). Can you please tell me what it says above the J. V. on the paper label? Is it W. 6 or W. 5? Please don't change anything on it! :) Also fantastic that it came with a case!

Last edited:
Anton Pichler (1898)

16139481668_4cdbf97466_b.jpg

"Gentleman"

very elegant hat of finest quality, replacement of the straw hat. incredibly easy with ventilation in the main colour light grey with black band, as well as in all shades of Brown, grey and green with cut off ends of ribbons. Price per piece fl. 4.50 or mark 8.00 - inclusive packaging. Order of at least 3 units in a shipment franco in Austro Hungary and Germany. Find me at

Anton Pichler Kaisers and Kings Court Hat Manufacturer

Graz, Steiermark, Austria. Ask for head size in centimeters. Sent geg. Regulates shipment. the be agreement or after acceptance. Exchange or return shipment allowed.

Last edited:
Anton Pichler (1893)

16140847079_3880075ed2_b.jpg

Meteor

Anton Pichler Kaisers and Kings Court Hat Manufacturer

Graz (Steiermark) Austria.

Recommends

Meteor, the latest finest and most elegant summer hat.

Meteor is very pleasant and cool to wear, unsurpassed in ease.

Meteor is light grey, Beaver-coloured in shades and leather Brown, produced from finest beaver felt.

Meteor costs only 4 fl. per piece.

Send head measurement in centimeters.

Colors, in same color of but inferior quality, fl. 2.50 per piece.

Mbijl

New in Town
Hello :)
I got this German Hat,
1421919294.png
made by Friedrich W. Schneider GmbH & Co.
The paper on the inside:

FORM 1331 58
QUAL RHODESIA
FARBE 201
AUFTR NR 04175
F.W.S. KOLN 827

Well, i started emailing to the company, it still exists but.. no no we know nothing.... we have no archive.
Could be.. The hat is made from the same cloth as a wehrmacht/ss jacket. The Hat must be around 1938-45?.
it is in a perfect condition! there are some stamps, in gold, but i can not read it. and the letters J.P., must be the owner.

Is there anyone who can tell me more about this hat?

pictures: warpicture.weebly.com/hut

http://warpicture.weebly.com/hut.html

Thanks,

MB Netherlands

Thank you for posting it again in this thread. As I mentioned this is a very nice Schützenhut. It's probably wool or a wool - fur blend. This style of hat was / is worn by shooting club members. There is usually a Schützenfedern (rooster feather) on the snapped side.

387_0.JPG

My guess would be early to mid 1950s. The crown tip patch is missing. It's not surprising that FWS (now Stetson Europe) can't supply any information. I don't believe they marketed hats under the FWS brand name. My guess is the print on the sweatband is the shop that sold it or some generic model or brand name. I am not sure if they had their own factories in this time period or outsourced. I have a contact that might know something so I will check.

Here is a Försterhut of mine. I believe it's a wool or wool - fur blend which is similar to your FWS Schützenhut.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/57-f-g-m-hutfabrik/#entry308

You may want to take a look around my website.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/

Last edited:
Masyer's Hutmanufactur, A. G. in Ulm Königreich Württemberg, 09/25/1891, Post Card Receipt. Königreich Württemberg is the Kingdom of Württemberg. I received this post card recently.

16373782181_8ec32c0e53_b.jpg

16374618972_a376500c57_b.jpg

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
Had no real finds recently, still waiting on deliveries ... one nice thing tiny size 54cm .. this from Salzburg late 50's early 60's I'm thinking by Josef Auer ?

16402399605_09830f0e90_c.jpg

16216479587_1f607c202a_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy