Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Get out the goats!

Aloysius

One Too Many
Feel rather silly asking this but here goes. Goat is generally considered lighter than horse however Aero's midweight horse is listed as 2.5oz while the goat is 2.75oz. I'm assuming, then, their goat must feel heavier than their midweight horse right? Or is there something else going on here that I'm missing?

Feels completely different.

Aero's goat is substantial but has no stiffness whatsoever, which could be a plus or minus depending on the person but I enjoy it. If you have tried Schott's "naked cowhide", it's a similar feel except lighter.

Nalazo

Familiar Face
What do you need the perfect range of motion for? A sports jacket would probably be more sensible.
In this respect, I would say that if you like the look of gussets, take them. If not, don't.
Does Aero offer underarm gussets at all?

Just wanted to set the record straight as there was some confusion in my communication with Aero about this. Although I initially thought that they were willing to add underarm gussets to a civilian jacket, in the end they were not. The underarm gussets are only offered on their military jackets.

Nalazo

Familiar Face
So I ended up going with a Seal Goat Sheene. Unfortunately, it was too trim for my tastes so I returned it. However, I figured you guys would appreciate some pics anyways.

1674234874585.png

1674234969399.jpeg

1674234991100.png

1674235013631.png

1674235027670.png

Aloysius

One Too Many
So I ended up going with a Seal Goat Sheene. Unfortunately, it was too trim for my tastes so I returned it. However, I figured you guys would appreciate some pics anyways.

View attachment 482288

View attachment 482290

View attachment 482291

View attachment 482292

View attachment 482293

Beautiful! My only problem with my seal Aero goat jacket was that it turned out being a black jacket, not a seal one. I do want to enquire with Aero at some point if it’s actually just a depot redye dark seal rather than a mislabel, but I’m very happy with the jacket itself.

Nalazo

Familiar Face
Yea they did a great job. I asked them for the lightest shade of seal brown available. Wonder if it actually differs at all from the normal seal batch since they said the seal goat hides are all pretty uniform.

jglf

A-List Customer
Beautiful! My only problem with my seal Aero goat jacket was that it turned out being a black jacket, not a seal one. I do want to enquire with Aero at some point if it’s actually just a depot redye dark seal rather than a mislabel, but I’m very happy with the jacket itself.
547AC0E2-195B-42CF-B002-31C65C0558F1.jpeg
My Aero seal goat is like a milk chocolate color. I wish it was darker. Guess there is a lot of shade variation with their goat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zignice