Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Giant Pith Helmet Thread of Doom

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Very Regimental.
1979582419_e46a37da24_o.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Huzzah!! I finally found it! And I was mistaken, not a Wolseley, but it's replacement the Sola Topi.
See, tweed does go with a pith helmet.
4130232877_3635c81d11_o.jpg

On the 1935 Tour, time is taken by a young boy to try out one of the little cameras.
The original photo by Alfred Eisenstaedt was taken whilst he was taking pictures of the tour and visiting Ethiopia to do an article for Life magazine.

Cheers!

Dan

Last edited:

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I still think this one is a cool shot with the car mounted Lewis Gun.
6989304227_6917aa222d_z.jpg

As is this one with the Bren. Such young looking lads too.
6158800516_409375da13_z.jpg

The really weird thing is that many of these soldiers in the pics from 1917 and the 1920 are no longer amongst us. You figure they were anywhere between 19 and 25 when these pictures were taken. And they look like you would see them anywhere tomorrow. Other than the uniform there is nothing to really date them.

Cheers!

Dan

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
Saw a small man sporting a pith helmet in the mall the other day. I never knew the mall required such a hat... My history teacher has two pith helmets that he displays in his room. I'll get a picture when school starts up. I'm sure they'll be enjoyed here.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Remember, it's a jungle out there so a pith helmets applies there too.;) Can't wait to see what your teacher has. Sounds cool and yes they'll be enjoyed here.

Cheers!

Dan

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
Remember, it's a jungle out there so a pith helmets applies there too.;) Can't wait to see what your teacher has. Sounds cool and yes they'll be enjoyed here.

Cheers!

Dan

It may be a while, as he was my last high school history teacher. I don't know why I never took a quick picture of them. My sister will be a freshman next year, so I'll sneak in his room on open-house. One is an American pith helmet, and the other is a British one he picked up in his many travels. Looking forward to showing everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters