Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Giant Pith Helmet Thread of Doom

tuco1963

One of the Regulars
I have a few pith helmets all from here
http://www.villagehatshop.com/category/84/1/pith-helmets.html
if your hat size is 7 3/8 or smaller you should be fine. I am a 7 1/2 (or a 7 3/8 LO) and the regular size is to small.
If you are interested there is a big "pith helmet thread of doom"that was moved over to the great outdoors section.
Hope that helps some.
Johnny
BTW Love the helmets for a bit of fun and a laugh. Put on your Utilikilt and head off to the pub, you will be the talk of the town :)
Johnny
there ya go johnny
thats what im talking about adventure , controversy and cold beer
pith helmets for everyone

Cattus Petasatus

One of the Regulars
hasnt anyone just wanted to wear a certain kind of hat just to be wearing it.
call it a silly hat if you will just something to put on that takes you to another place or meets you there after x amount of alchohol or what have you.

There are many times I'll sit in the back yard in...

...my fedora, smoking a cigar and enjoying a scotch, imagining I'm with Rick in Casablanca. Or better yet, with Ingrid Bergman.

...my M1904 campaign hat, smoking a cigar and enjoying a scotch, imagining I'm with Teddy Roosevelt and his Rough Riders, resting from the assault on San Juan hill.

...my newly acquired pith helmet, smoking a cigar and enjoying a scotch, imaging I'm on the sub-continent resting from a tiger hunt.

(I hand folded pug, I'm not a professional but I'm pleased with it)

fedoracentric

Banned
I've almost bought one several times because they look cool. However, I can't imagine where I'd wear it and that has always stopped me from pulling the trigger.

Cattus Petasatus

One of the Regulars
Good work with the pug and a nice looking pith.

Thanks. I picked up 2 helmets for about $10 at Goodwill. They were almost brand new (except for the 20-odd years they've spent in storage.) My wife and I are having a hat party this weekend and we're wearing matching hats, although her's is a little more girly.

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
I had two, gave one to my dad because he was always whacking himself on the head with low branches while cutting the grass.

I admit I don't wear mine hardly ever. It's the hard-shell military surplus model, all helmet and no pith.

Tom

jhe888

One of the Regulars
There are many times I'll sit in the back yard in...

...my fedora, smoking a cigar and enjoying a scotch, imagining I'm with Rick in Casablanca. Or better yet, with Ingrid Bergman.

...my M1904 campaign hat, smoking a cigar and enjoying a scotch, imagining I'm with Teddy Roosevelt and his Rough Riders, resting from the assault on San Juan hill.

...my newly acquired pith helmet, smoking a cigar and enjoying a scotch, imaging I'm on the sub-continent resting from a tiger hunt.

(I hand folded pug, I'm not a professional but I'm pleased with it)

Where did this one come from? Thanks.

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
My wife and I are having a hat party this weekend and we're wearing matching hats, although her's is a little more girly.

Great stuff, like to see the pictures as a little girly can be very Adèle Blanc-Sec

adele3.jpg

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Seeing Renault's vintage hunting attire brings a question to my mind: Are there any such thing as vintage hunting clubs where participants go out into the bush with all period hunting /camping gear and recreate the experience of a golden era hunt? If there's not, there should be. I'm not a hunter, but I'd go on one of those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner