Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Giant Pith Helmet Thread of Doom

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Pith Helmet by Greewich Headwaer

loving this one, so light, one size fits all (Adjustable) 3 colour choices, straw which purchased, olive green, and jungle print!!!
3276446954_28d0c32987_m.jpg

3276453160_0fcfb78e48_m.jpg

3275614515_efd373b7d7_m.jpg

A Lovely Hat I think a lady coluld wear it also

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
I thought it was hilarious the other day when one of my profs pulled a pith helmet out of his desk and plopped it down on his head before telling us we were becoming explorers as we started covering taxonomy in bio lab.

The Elizans

Familiar Face
Beautiful Wolseley Pattern Helmet

I'm afraid I don't know much about this hat- I was given it by a neighbour who told me it belonged to her father. I must find out his name, if he was a military man and where/when he served. A beautiful hat with exceptionally well intact original liner. I consider the aluminium foil insulation to be particularly innovative and modern thinking. Enjoy!

Wolseley2.jpg

Wolseley1.jpg

Wolseley3.jpg

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
When the legion was called upon to campaign outside of their North African home in the 1880s-1890s in Indochina, Madagascar, etc. they were issued with French marine pith helmets, though it seems they were not that popular.

unif3.gif

gulftonk.jpg

Corky

Practically Family
I suspect the aluminum foil insulation is particularly effective...

I suspect the aluminum foil insulation is particularly effective in insulating the wearer's brain from undue influence by Alien Mind Control rays.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Pith Helmets - does anyone wear them?

This is more or less a thread brought about by my new pith helmet, which I bought partly to use in a living history role and partly to use when I go to an outdoor auction. My friends also wear pith helmets there, and it makes it easy for us to find each other in the crowd.
Those are my two main reasons for wearing a pith helmet. Do any of our members wear pith helmets, whether it be on a regular or irregular basis?
By the way, here's my new one, an Indian style bought through Climbinggearinc.com at a price about $10 less than anyone else for the exact same helmet. http://climbinggearinc.com/pith-helmet-p-3598.html
This helmet just barely fits my 7 5/8 pumpkin head, and would be a great fit for 7 1/2 and below.
100_2598.jpg

RBH

Bartender
I have one from Banana Republic from over 25 years ago.
BUT no .. I have not worn it since I stopped farming. AND that was about 23 years ago! :D
But it is a cool pith helmet!!!
If I can, I will try and post a shot or 2 of it soon.

hatflick1

Practically Family
I have one.
I wear it to the beach and often to garden.
It is US Navy WWII surplus.
It keeps my head cool and the sun off of my face.
Quite honestly, it's a refreshing change from fur felt and even straw in the summer months.
And it's a piece of a dwindling authentic Americana.
No one has ever made a rude comment or hit me with the "Are you supposed to be Indiana Jones?" line.
If you get one, enjoy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR