Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gibson & barnes Historic A-2

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
If you wear a 44R sports coat, I doubt that you could go wrong with a standard size 42 for a G&B A-2 Mark 31.

Stormpaw

New in Town
Thank you. I think you are right.

On a side note, what aircraft is that on your avatar? At first I thought it was a T-6, then I started thinking it looked more like a PT-26, but that doesn't seem quite right either. I obviously need more practice.

Stormpaw

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
It is a US Navy T-34B. I have over 200 hours of stick time in the airplane long ago. Years ago my wife was in the backseat while seven months' pregnant, and I was doing Immelmans over the Gulf of Mexico, young and stupid at the time, while I was stationed in Pensacola, Florida.

Stormpaw

New in Town
Oh well, I would never have guessed that. I'm not to good with navy planes.

That is a great story. I spent a little time at Pensacola NAS myself (while in the USAF), but nothing nearly so interesting.

Stormpaw

Tinytim

Familiar Face
I have bought an A2 flying tiger in January 2014, a size 40, the pit to pit measurement is 24.5 inch. I am a regular size 40, so I am now a little small in that jacket. Other than the size, Gibson & Barnes produces a really great product, stitching straight, quality of the horsehide(I think it's mid weight horsehide) first rate, stiff at first, after a month of wear, it is now quite pliable. I got a whole bunch of patches on the jacket, something different from the other conservative jackets I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic