Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GIFT: Furygan Blue Leather Motorcycle Jacket, S

Should this be of anyone's interest, what I would like to do is to gift someone this beautiful Furygan motorcycle jacket. I got it as a gift as well but it is much, much too small for me & since selling it isn't an option, I'm hoping maybe someone here can give it a new home. You'd only have to cover the shipping, of course.

Furygan was (is?) a French maker that at the time that this particular jacket was made, which would've been late 70's, was on the level of Lewis Leathers, Harro, Mascot, etc., which is to say, it's a high quality piece.

Blue, mid-weight cowhide, perfectly aged & distressed. All custom made in France hardware. Blue, heavily insulated, quilted lining. Two shell & one inside pocket.

Great condition overall, just a bit of thread around the cuff & the sleeve zipper got undone. Very simple, 20 minutes fix you can easily do yourself.
Perfect all over, otherwise.

Tagged EU 46 & the measurements are...
• Chest width: 52 cm / 20.5" (take the lining into the account as it is substantial)
• Waist width: 45 cm / 17.7" (ditto)
• Sleeve length, outside curve: 64 cm / 25"
• Back length, w/o collar: 62 cm / 24.5"
• Shoulder width: 44 cm / 17.3"

That's that. Shipping from EU. DM me if you're interested. Thanks!

20220624-163537-0.jpg

20220624-163541-0.jpg

20220624-163550-0.jpg

20220624-163612.jpg

20220624-163621.jpg

20220624-163642-0.jpg

20220624-163649.jpg

20220624-163652.jpg

20220624-163702.jpg

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
It’s quite the gesture to gift a jacket to a stranger! I can attest to the quality of these, I had one a few years ago in the same style, except that mine was black and yellow. Thick and substantial hide, and nice attention to detail. Mine was even the same size and too small for me as well. Really cool jacket.

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
Damn, that’s a lovely authentic old school moto jacket (and a lovely gesture to gift it on - someone is gonna be happy, sadly not me as will be a bit too snug for me too). I do enjoy a colourful 1970’s moto jacket and I think the blue and black stripes and Furygan badge and zip pull are all très cool :)

Furygan are still going, they are a reasonably big company still these days and remain highly regarded .

https://www.furygan.com/en-GB/index.aspx

Quality wise they’ve always been considèred makers of decent mid to higher end off the peg kit. Generally better quality than the equivalent (bigger) mainstream Italian bike kit companies and with a touch of French élan too. I got a pair of their leather sport riding jeans in the late 1990’s and they are still going strong and get used from time to time for some pillions (with now upgraded armour).

Damn, that’s a lovely authentic old school moto jacket (and a lovely gesture to gift it on - someone is gonna be happy, sadly not me as will be a bit too snug for me too). I do enjoy a colourful 1970’s moto jacket and I think the blue and black stripes and Furygan badge and zip pull are all très cool :)

Furygan are still going, they are a reasonably big company still these days and remain highly regarded .

https://www.furygan.com/en-GB/index.aspx

Quality wise they’ve always been considèred makers of decent mid to higher end off the peg kit. Generally better quality than the equivalent (bigger) mainstream Italian bike kit companies and with a touch of French élan too. I got a pair of their leather sport riding jeans in the late 1990’s and they are still going strong and get used from time to time for some pillions (with now upgraded armour).

Very true assessment of the brand & I agree 100%. I wanted to add more about the quality in the OP but yeah, this is a high-quality leather jacket by whatever definition you want to apply to it. While slightly bit lighter than, say, Lewis Leathers, in terms of overall quality of construction and attention to detail, this jacket would have absolutely matched the legendary British maker at the time it was produced.

Also, I have noticed that vintage Furygan has a quiet but stead fan-base as any such older, colorful piece of theirs that I've favorited on Vinted or elsewhere, has never lasted longer than a couple of weeks, regardless of the asking price. They go for anything around 150 to 350 euros so it isn't some cheapo I'm trying to get rid off.

By the way, I gotta warn y'all straight away; Shipping to USA is $50 - $60. Not 100% sure, would have to check on the weight but anything over 2kg is definitely $50, which is the amount I always pay for packages that are up to 2kg when sending stuff overseas.

Shipping within EU is $10-$20 tops, depends upon a destination.

Just so you know so you can immediately decide how much is this jacket worth to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider