Gin Lovers Unite!

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by SWTroopers, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Joe_Frances

Joe_Frances New in Town

Agree Plymouth is great gin. I also like Brokers, and gave Langley to my fellow gin millers for Christmas this year, as it is new in the US.

2. Hat Dandy

Hat Dandy One of the Regulars

I haven't tried Brokers. How does it compare to Plymouth gin?

3. kyboots

kyboots Practically Family

Back in the 80s I always drank Tanqueray with gin but then only Bombay which I still like. About 15 years ago I found Boodles from England. Does anyone like this or is it "out of flavor" right now?

4. Gin Snapbrim

Gin Snapbrim New in Town

I'm a simple man.
    Gordon's 47.3%.

5. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

Okay, here is a decidedly de classe' response......my wife and I love Gin and Tonic as our summer drink. We have a motorhome and whenever we travel in the US we buy the cheapest gin on the shelf. The last two bottles; Idaho Silver (distilled in Idaho) and $8 a fifth, then a bottle of Sterling (Kentucky) similarly priced. Both are bold strong flavoured and fit perfectly with the tonic. Not sure we can find anything cheaper but we continue to look.

6. Hambone87

Hambone87 New in Town

Anybody else a fan of the Aviation Cocktail?

7. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

I finally got a bottle of Victoria Gin https://victoriagin.com which I didn't even manage while living in Victoria BC!

It is complex botanically, and is great in a G&T or other cocktails and frankly, even straight up with whisky rocks!

[​IMG]

8. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I have to make a concerted effort to find this to try. I have to admit that even as G&T lovers we specialize here in this house with "down market" gin. In our US travels we specialize in hunting down the cheapest big bottle of gin we can find. The BEST ever has been a bottle of Idaho Silver two years back at the outrageous price of $6.99 for the large bottle. Have not found it since and usually end up paying an extortionate $9 or $10 for the bottle. Yes, once in while we will splurge on a $20-$25 bottle of craft gin but to my smashed taste buds cannot tell much of a diff!

9. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

As a "craft" distiller this is not at the lower end cost wise sadly. In Ontario at our government owned (sorry - politics alert) could someone please tell me why the state sells booze liquor store, it is $43 CAD.

10. crawlinkingsnake

crawlinkingsnake A-List Customer

TANQUERAY, nuf said..... :D