Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girl Crushes!

Berlin

Practically Family
marilyn_monroe_makeup_and_hairstyles_marilyn_monroe_costume_ideas.jpg

Marilyn

600full-isla-fisher.jpg

Isla Fisher

369189.1020.A.jpg

Olive Thomas

wahine

Practically Family
What a nice idea for a thread!

Bette (strange thing is - at first, I didn't like her at all, but now I simply adore her)

Kathrine, Kathrine, Kathrine!

MMMMarilyn!

and a modern one: always had a crush on Drew Barrymore

Last edited:

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Great thread! I admire many many women, and feel that women are more attractive than men (at least when both hit thirty and onward), but my two all time favorites are: Elizabeth Taylor and Brigitte Bardot.

bardo%2Bdog.jpg

"I have always adored beautiful young men. Just because I grow older, my taste doesn`t change. So if I can still have them, why not? "

[when asked what was the best day of her life] "It was a night . ." B.B.

tumblr_lhme7uinE21qa70eyo1_500.jpg

"I have a woman's body and a child's emotions."

"I've always admitted that I'm ruled by my passions." La Liz

Snowdrop

Familiar Face
What a wonderful thread, LadyDay! :)
Completely agree with Gene Tierney, Christina Hendricks (I adore her in Mad Men) and the hilarious Ellen DeGeneres.

Here are mine!

The brilliant Irene Dunne.
Irene_Dunne_14877_3.jpg

Ava Gardner
nakedmajathe00407684111.jpg

Maureen O'Hara (I have always wanted hair like hers!)
maureen-ohara.jpg

Nigella Lawson - Met her in person and she is absolutely beautiful and very down to earth and friendly.
NigellaLawson_468x623.jpg

Last edited:

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
NO DOUBT ABOUT IT

jean_harlow-405.jpg

harlow9.jpg

Jean-Harlow-photo21-540.jpg

There are others, but Jean Harlow makes me forget them. lol
I am obsessivly in love with this woman. She's my #1 celebrity crush, male or female.

I also agree with Miss Cherry Lips -- women are more attractive and generally more interesting to look at than men. :D I have so many female crushes but only a handful of men!

Last edited:

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Just stumbled onto this thread ... I really didn't mean to intrude, ladies ... and before I knew it I was hooked.

Congratulations of including so many women of true worth, who had such depth of talent and character as well as physical beauty!

Most were great choices.

Sam

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
4450698826_0d3bb5f9e0.jpg

How could I forget Virginia? I saw her singing it's A Great Big World in The Harvey Girls and iImmediatly purchased or rented everything she was in.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Though not close to Jean, I still love these womens a lot.

martha-tilton-02-f25.jpg

Martha Tilton

179037_10150091662479164_624014163_6217533_2030608_n.jpg

Dorothy Lamour

lilyan.jpg

Lilyan Tashman (VERY CLOSE SECOND to Jean! :D)

francis,+kay.jpg

Kay Francis

gwen_stefani_jill_greenberg.jpg

And PLZ don't laugh at my "modern" crush, but....I think Gwen Stefani is just lovely!!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
NO DOUBT ABOUT IT
There are others, but Jean Harlow makes me forget them. lol
I am obsessivly in love with this woman. She's my #1 celebrity crush, male or female.
I also agree with Miss Cherry Lips -- women are more attractive and generally more interesting to look at than men. :D I have so many female crushes but only a handful of men!
Crush is really too weak a word for my feelings toward B.B. and la Liz (both still alive!), obsession is more like it. No other famous woman, or man, can come close.

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Wow, this thread exploded! So cool; I agree, my list of girl crushes stretches for miles, but as for men, I'm a lot more picky!

Here are my top vintage ladies:

-Marilyn, of course! She's just mesmerizing to watch, and I think she had better acting skills than most give her credit for.

-Audrey. Cliche, yes, but truly one the prettiest women ever IMHO.
uewb_05_img0335.jpg

- Mae West, just because she's so unabashedly fabulous!! I mean, she became Hollywood's hottest sex symbol in her late 30s, recorded a rock n roll album in her 70s... she's so great.
Mae_West.jpg

- Bettie Page. I know she became famous for her body, but it's her face that fascinates me... she has my dream hair and eyebrows! So adorable:
bettie-page-1%20(18).jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Crush is really too weak a word for my feelings toward B.B. and la Liz (both still alive!), obsession is more like it. No other famous woman, or man, can come close.

Exactly how I feel about Jean. Only my husband is on the same level as her. She's the most perfect woman ever to me. I love her in ALL her incarnations, but admit I'm especially fond of her earliest look:

jean04.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails