Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Give me your comments on this leather great coat.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Outside of the obvious problem that many of us of "advanced age" have with anything nazi (ptew!) ... Is that really horsehide?
In the first pictures it just doesn't seem to drape like horsehide.

Sam

Nachtengel01

New in Town
If you could get it without the shoulder boards and with different buttons it might broaden the acceptability?

I have thought of that actually, to replace the buttons but i'll see what is the general opinion and then make my judgement call. As for the shoulder boards, it s definetly a no!

Nachtengel01

New in Town
Outside of the obvious problem that many of us of "advanced age" have with anything nazi (ptew!) ... Is that really horsehide?
In the first pictures it just doesn't seem to drape like horsehide.

Sam

it feels like it but maybe not the upper most quality like an Aero or Eastman let say.

Edward

Bartender
The same company also do horsehide A2s (there was a thread on here somewhere, Made in China A2s or something. One of our members bought one and was pleased with it), so I should have thought it was perhaps the same hide as that. Looks to my eye to be midweight rather than, say FQHH, which would allow for a much 'softer' drape when new.

Would be hard to accessorise as an Imperial Guard Commissar either (unless In going off on the wrong interpretation of the owner's avatar!).

Last edited:

Nachtengel01

New in Town
Would be hard to accessorise as an Imperial Guard Commissar either (unless In gonig off on the wrong interpretation of the owner's avatar!).

It seems Edward that we can't hide you anything. I did got this coat in dreaming of looking like Gaunt from the Warhammer 40k novels. Silly me.

Although, i'm still debating if i should go for the visor cap or not...As well, i could easily replace the shoulder boards by some straps of leather with paintbrush Imperial Eagles on them to complete the look. But when you're a geek, what can you do? :D

the+lost.jpg

Edward

Bartender
:eek:fftopic:

Heh. It's been a decade since I last painted anything (must dig the old figures out...), but I have, somewhere, a fairly sizeable Salamander Space Marine army (full company, though not tanked-up), a small Silver Skulls force, and a couple of Bloodbowl teams...

Commissar would be a great costume. I always toyed with the idea of a Guard army with a few of them and based around the..... ah, forget the name, but the ones that looked like Soviet troops in Ushankas and long coats... It would also be a good base for a costume for one of those bald-headed gangers in Necromunda....

subject101

One of the Regulars
I have thought of that actually, to replace the buttons but i'll see what is the general opinion and then make my judgement call. As for the shoulder boards, it s definetly a no!

I really like those bottons and shoulder boards. Hitler and Himmler coats had no boards or metallic buttons, so, if somebody stares at you, you already know what to say :D

I really like those bottons and shoulder boards. Hitler and Himmler coats had no boards or metallic buttons, so, if somebody stares at you, you already know what to say :D

Nein! Nein! Oh. Ha ha. Different other chap. I in Somerset am being born. Ron Vibbentrop is born Gotterdammerstrasse 46, Dusseldorf Vest 8.....so they say! (Monty python skit)

Nachtengel01

New in Town

Heh. It's been a decade since I last painted anything (must dig the old figures out...), but I have, somewhere, a fairly sizeable Salamander Space Marine army (full company, though not tanked-up), a small Silver Skulls force, and a couple of Bloodbowl teams...

Commissar would be a great costume. I always toyed with the idea of a Guard army with a few of them and based around the..... ah, forget the name, but the ones that looked like Soviet troops in Ushankas and long coats... It would also be a good base for a costume for one of those bald-headed gangers in Necromunda....

You're talking about the Valhallan Imperial Guard Squad, those guys were kind of guerilla freedom fighters. Then your other faction would be the House Delaque Gang of Necromunda....Unfortunatly i am just knowledgeable about the lore of Warhammer 40k and not the figurines per say. The only team i ever owned in war 40k was the Undead with my star player called Ghoulash, named after the meal. Anyhow, if i ever go to the UK or you come here, we should play a game for old time sake lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart