Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Glasses Leash

Highlander

A-List Customer
OK, cool or not cool? Do you guys and gals like the "glasses leash"?

Seems I have been "in between" glasses for the last four or five years. Gradiant bi-focals, and I just can't find the reading part, unless I lean back in my leather wing chair recliner to watch a game. Then they are quite evident as I can't see the TV :)

Anyway, they are up, down, on, off all day and night long, depending what I am reading or looking at.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Highlander said:
OK, cool or not cool? Do you guys and gals like the "glasses leash"?

Seems I have been "in between" glasses for the last four or five years. Gradiant bi-focals, and I just can't find the reading part, unless I lean back in my leather wing chair recliner to watch a game. Then they are quite evident as I can't see the TV :)

Anyway, they are up, down, on, off all day and night long, depending what I am reading or looking at.

I think they can look pretty good, giving one an intellectual air. Also there is the increased practicality to consider. I think it also depends if it complements the individual's style.

In short, if they you're comfortable wearing them, they can look great.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree #6; I've avoided using them for years - even though recommended by others. My pride and vanity have prevented me from ever getting one. So I continue to switch glasses and drop them - but I will never leash them!

-dixon cannon

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Shut That Door!"

larry_grayson.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Not a fan myself, unless with pince nez.... maybe a set of those might be your answer? As for the varifocals.... just a thought, but were the frames a modern style with a shallow lense? Seems to me a deeper lense might give a better 'reading area'. [huh]

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Once I put my glasses on, I almost never take them off. Unless I was wearing a set of pince nez (and I wouldn't count on that happening anytime, anyplace, anywhere in the future of my life), I don't think I'd need a lanyard for my glasses. I never lose them and I never take them off. If I have to, I put them on the table or in my coat. If I have nowhere else to put them, I fold them over my watch-chain and leave them there until I'm done doing what I'm doing, then unfold them off my chain and put them on again.

Besides, spectacle lanyards don't necessarily protect your glasses or prevent their loss. My grandmother could testify to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy