Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goatskin motorcycle gloves?

Gets old..Tiresome. To scold and even insult others about their safety or anything else for that matter. If one is so fearful perhaps the best bet is to buckle yourself in a cage at all times and not take that juvenile risk of going down the road on only two wheels in the first place. I've ridden motorcycles for many many years and rack up quite a few miles each year and do it exactly like I want to do it...and could care less about a lecture or how you do it...or even what strikes a raw nerve. The opposite hits a nerve with me.
Therefore..I agree with injun jack wholeheartedly..and could care less about the Darwin 'Theory' remark or frankly even your forceful excess of 'opinion'. Not trying to cast insults..but just blunt. Who in the hell do you think you are. You certainly ain't my mommy..my teacher or instructer. I don't want your life lessons nor really care how my lifestyle may upset you. I'm sure any of us could pick apart much of anyone's life that we may not agree with (in many areas)but to beat the drum so loudly that 'you better do this' at this stage in life makes the stern rebuker look like the ass...and the fact that that behavior is the intention makes it even more asslike to many. Do it your way..and I'll certainly do it mine whether you agree or not. How's that? That might be a very good life lesson to consider..if you can get past your obsession of knowing what's best for everyone. [huh]:mad:
HD

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
Geez, lotsa raw nerves here.
Didn't expect that sort of response from you HD.
I apologize to you and anybody else I've offended.
Maybe you and others ride in a much more sedate manner than I do and don't feel the need to gear up.
I do.
Agree to disagree.
We've both made our points.
Lenny

Never fails OneEyedMan. I have belonged to several MC forums over the years and there are always those who must insert their strong feelings about how to ride..what to ride..and of course just what to wear. Yes I gave my view and made my point too. Most threads like this need the different sides of the issue without being drowned out by those who must bleat the loudest. Many times some members just keep quiet to avoid the hassle while others ramble on and control the discussion with what they are sure must be best for everyone. I ride with all kinds of bikers. Armored up rocketeers.....helmeted T-shirt wearers...non lidded riders,etc. If I attempted to stress how I think they should/must do it(in person)...I don't think many of them would take it so kindly. I know I wouldn't. If I told you how I ride..I think you would go over the edge immediately..but it might be best to just ride like you want to...and realize that everyone else will most likely do the same.
HD

Meerkat

Familiar Face
Just wait till you fall and slam your knuckles on the asphalt, you will be wishing you had a knuckle protector...
Thanks, I have had the dubious pleasure of kissing the tarmac a few times with textile composite gloves sans knuckle decorations and emerged unscathed. Ill fitting protection can be as bad as no protection at all.
Returning to the outerwear element of this forum I have to admit that Foxcreek leathers are remarkably sturdy and works out well in comparison to my power ranger aerostich. There is an English Motorcycle Magazine entitled 'Ride' that regularly carries out scientific tests on Gloves etc which may be useful to the OP

IXL

One Too Many
HoosierDaddy, what really rankles me is how you appear in your avatar shot: the very cavalier way you seem to treat your own safety. I, and I suspect most other serious outdoors-in-a-chair-enjoying-myself loungers don't appreciate the dangerous example you set: we all know that by not wearing a helmet while participating in this very dangerous activity, you could tip over backwards if you lean back too far. YOU COULD DIE.

Now, it's okay to relax on the veranda, but for gosh sakes man, try to exercise at least a modicum of I-should-protect-myself-from-everything-that-might-possibly-cause-a-boo-boo-and/or-death safety procedures. If nothing else, it sets the good example for those among whom you hold influence, that personal safety comes above all else in the universe, and that no risk is too slight to maximally protect ones self from.

By the way, are you wearing sunscreen in that image. It looks to be a dangerously high UV day........

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
At least you have to give HD credit for wearing what appears to be a 'dazzle-ship' patterned shirt in his avatar. If somebody tries to assassinate him, he'll be a damn hard target to hit! :D

That sure brings back memories! Back in '66 I was riding my Triumph 2 up when a hornet type bee slipped into the collar of my jacket..down the back of my shirt and started stinging. I managed to pull into a gas station and somehow get the kickstand down..hop over my passenger and peel of my jacket and pull my shirt out. She had absolutely no idea why I suddenly did that and was now dancing around like a wild man peeling off my clothes while she still sat on the bike watching my spasms. Finally after the bee flew out and there was a half dozen stings on my back..she realized what was going on. Really funny now..wasn't then. :p
HD

Cherry picker

New in Town
That sure brings back memories! Back in '66 I was riding my Triumph 2 up when a hornet type bee slipped into the collar of my jacket..down the back of my shirt and started stinging. I managed to pull into a gas station and somehow get the kickstand down..hop over my passenger and peel of my jacket and pull my shirt out. She had absolutely no idea why I suddenly did that and was now dancing around like a wild man peeling off my clothes while she still sat on the bike watching my spasms. Finally after the bee flew out and there was a half dozen stings on my back..she realized what was going on. Really funny now..wasn't then. :p
HD

I can understand why you are not wearing shorts with that shirt now :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points