Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Golden Era Aircraft

Aristaeus

A-List Customer
One of my favorite things about the Golden Era are the aircraft, both Civilian and Military. I will try to represent as many as I can using screenshots from several different Flight simulations. I hope this is something people will enjoy as much as I do.

Aristaeus

A-List Customer
One of my favorites.
From FS2004, Pan American L-049 Lockheed Constellation leaving Midway Island.

connie3.jpg

http://plane.spottingworld.com/Lockheed_Constellation

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Not exactly what most people think of as a "golden era" airplane, but the first version took flight in 1944, so I guess it qualifies: The Pitts Special aerobatic biplane. IMHO the most classic and beautiful aerobatic bipe to ever take to the sky.

31.jpg

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Matthew Verge said:
I love the Sikorsky S98. Beautiful plane, and something kind of romantic about it too.

I wonder if you mean the Sikorsky S-38!? I couldn't find anything on the -98.
The S-38 was portrayed in the movie 'Aviator' when Howard Hughes was teaching Kate Hepburn how to fly.

Here's good pic of the S-38 - Igor sure loved struts, didn't he?

3_lg.jpg

-dixon cannon

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Matthew Verge said:
Dixon,

I did mean the S-38! The one in the picture there is Osa's Ark, isn't it?

Yes it is. I believe there are only two S-38's still airworthy. The other is painted in the original Johnson's Wax motif. Both are simply beautiful!

-dixon cannon

Eyemo

Practically Family
Matt Crunk said:
Not exactly what most people think of as a "golden era" airplane, but the first version took flight in 1944, so I guess it qualifies: The Pitts Special aerobatic biplane. IMHO the most classic and beautiful aerobatic bipe to ever take to the sky.

31.jpg

I flew in the twin seater Rothmans Pitts back in 85... it was like flying in a ww1 aircraft that was fitted with a jet engine...:eek: :D

NicknNora

A-List Customer
My favorite was the DC3.

Douglas3.gif

dc-3-ss-normandie-new-york-1938.jpg

I also like the plane in this poster. I have no idea what kind of plane it is but I have this poster over my mantle.:)

kerne-erickson-braniff-airways-manhattan-new-york.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21