Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

good movies

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
so far the movies I've watched are, 'Key Largo'...which I thought was good, but wouldn't put on my top ten of movie choices, and last night watched the 'Maltese Falcon' which I'm embarrassingly admiting was my first time ever watching it...that movie I absolutely loved, there wasn't a dull moment in it, and Humphrey Bogart was amazing

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Tony in Tarzana said:
(Psst... Mysterygal... you're not under oath here, you don't have to admit you've never seen "The Maltese Falcon" before. ;) )
lol lol phew, well that puts a lot of pressure off me then!

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
At an NVA (Non-Viewers Anonymous) meeting

Me: "My name is Marc Chevalier, and I've never seen 'The Maltese Falcon'."

All: "Hi, Marc!"

Er, who exactly would "all" be? :D

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
mysterygal said:
so far the movies I've watched are, 'Key Largo'...which I thought was good, but wouldn't put on my top ten of movie choices, and last night watched the 'Maltese Falcon' which I'm embarrassingly admiting was my first time ever watching it...that movie I absolutely loved, there wasn't a dull moment in it, and Humphrey Bogart was amazing

Humphrey Bogart
My rule is: avoid Bogey if Lauren Bacall is around. The Big Sleep, The Dark Passage, To Have or Have Not... not my favorites. Key Largo is a little better because Ed G Robinson is great in it.

For Bogey:
They Drive By Night
Maltese Falcon
Casablanca
In a Lonely Street
Dead Reckoning

Are the ones I've seen that I'd recommend.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I love Bogart

Jack Scorpion said:
Humphrey Bogart
My rule is: avoid Bogey if Lauren Bacall is around. The Big Sleep, The Dark Passage, To Have or Have Not... not my favorites. Key Largo is a little better because Ed G Robinson is great in it.

For Bogey:
They Drive By Night
Maltese Falcon
Casablanca
In a Lonely Street
Dead Reckoning

Are the ones I've seen that I'd recommend.

It's "IN A LONLEY PLACE"

I think the Big Sleep was wonderful, WITH Lauren Bacall. Dark Passage was good in the supporting cast and the story, and on location filming in SF. Bacall has a good role in that film, but Bogart is better. To Have and Have Not is not my favorite...but it is still watchable.

If you want to see Bogart in one of his best films, see "The African Queen", and "Treasure of the Sierra Madre", both are supurb.

Oh and don't forget "High Sierra". He gets shot off a cliff. Good film.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You can see tons of films

mysterygal said:
Pilgrim said:
If you have a little extra time, the 1944 Frank Capra version of Arsenic and Old Lace with Cary Grant, Raymond Masey, Peter Lorre and Edward Everett Horton is priceless! It runs two hours and it's a delight.

I've got plenty of extra time!
Casablanca sounds wonderful....thanks so much for the suggestions!

I have Arsenic and Old Lace....it is a MUST have. VERY funny, and a cliche' or spoof of some of the many other period films.. Jack Carson, Raymond Massey, and the "little old ladies" in the film are absolutely great. Carey Grant is very funny. And Josephine Hull, was also in Harvey.

Also, on the light side, don't forget Jimmy Stewart in "HARVEY". another must!

And. Edward G. Robinson in "Larceny Inc."....it is a HOOT! Broderick Crawford, Edward Brophy, Jack Carson...great supporting roles. FUNNY!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I also love bogart...I don't know what it is about him...but I like it ;) 'The Big Sleep' I thought was great...loved the whole movie.
I've seen "harvey'... great movie :)

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
In a Lonely Place, true! Thanks about that. And yes, Treasure of Serria Madre was good. I forgot to mention that one.

I'll have to see African Queen.

I really didn't like The Big Sleep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL