Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good place to buy a straw fedora?

pafc

New in Town
i'm going to the bahamas in august and i want my very first fedora purchase to be a stingy brimmed straw hat to wear while im down there. im thinking the brim should only be 2 inches at the most (like sinatra, i'm a thin guy, and i liked frankie's style).

i dont want something expensive, in fact i'm a little worried that something may happen to it while i'm down there (take 9 college guys, throw in an all-inclusive package with free drinks, 24 hours a day); so if anything crazy happens to that hat (though i'll do my best to protect it) i don't want wasted money.

i found this one while browsing around for a while, and i really like it: http://www.hatsinthebelfry.com/page/H/PROD/mh/2303-sand

does anyone have any comments on the hat above or suggestions? thanks!

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Not bad...

But in the Bahamas, why do you want a stingy brim? Well, you're probably not a "skin cancer" future candidate like me;) ;)

You MAY want to consider upping your hat fund and buy one classic fedora shape..(think Paul Henried - Lasslo) in Casablanca.

The sun can be very harsh in the Bahamas'.

pafc

New in Town
im not too worried about sun protection....im full blooded italian and i rarely if ever get a sunburn. ill take what you guys said into consideration though, thanks for the feedback

Canadave

One Too Many
Originally posted by Canadave
LOL. Seriously though, what's the deal with these hats? They're all over eBay. Has anyone seen one in person? Can anyone offer comments? I'm not considering purchasing one...I've just been curious.

David

Dear David,

Actually this a straw version of the Tom Mix hat of cowboy movies. Old Tom would always ride into town with the gargantuan hat on. He actually loved these hats and shaped them himself while taking a shower!. One particular Stetson delivery man saw him do it! Mix told him "Ah, you are just in time. I was just about to take my shower." He then proceeded to put the hat on his head and enter the shower!
I think Art might have to do that with that hat of yours. LOL

Regards to all,

J

Canadave

One Too Many
Originally posted by jamespowers
Dear David,

Actually this a straw version of the Tom Mix hat of cowboy movies...

Thanks, JP, but I actually meant the "brand" (SunBody Palm Leaf), not the style. They appear as many different styles on eBay.

Thanks,

David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner