Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good price on a corselette - Los Angeles

colleency

One of the Regulars
I purchased a Rago 9357 online for $44. After shipping and tax, it was more.

I was in the garment district this weekend. Beverly Hills Hosiery had a closed leg version for $32. They told me that they could order the 9357. It would cost about $33, and it would take two weeks.

So if you're in the market for a girdle, and you're going downtown, you might look into some of the hosiery shops there.

Here's the info for the shop I went into:

Beverly Hills Hosiery, 801 S. Los Angeles St., Los Angeles, 90014, 213-627-7705, bhhosiery@verizon.net.

I also picked up a couple of pairs of seamed stockings for $3.99, and elbow length gloves for about the same price. They had opera length and wrist length as well, but not a great selection and only in poly.

Vanessa

One Too Many
colleency said:
I also picked up a couple of pairs of seamed stockings for $3.99, and elbow length gloves for about the same price. They had opera length and wrist length as well, but not a great selection and only in poly.

Were the stockings fully fashioned? Or just seamed modern ones?

colleency

One of the Regulars
Does that mean are they the shape of a foot when you take them out of the package? I'm not sure. I haven't taken them out. I'll look tonight and report back. If it means something else, definitely educate me!

MissQueenie

Practically Family
At BHH, were you able to try on the girdle at the shop to make sure it fit properly? I'm tempted to go down there and pick one of the Rago's up, but I'd like to really be sure it fit before buying it...

~ Q.

colleency

One of the Regulars
I'm not sure. I would call them and ask if I were you. Plus, if it's the one you have to order, I think you would have to buy it without trying it on.

MissQueenie

Practically Family
colleency said:
I'm not sure. I would call them and ask if I were you. Plus, if it's the one you have to order, I think you would have to buy it without trying it on.

I actually got my hands on a vintage girdle in my size, so I can bring it along and do a side by side comparison to whatever they have in stock, I guess. I hadn't ever tried one on before Saturday, so I didn't really quite "get" how they're supposed to fit. I'm pretty sure I could eyeball it now :)

~ Queenie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails