Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good quality but affordable first leather jacket

TartuWolf

Practically Family
I'd highly recommend Simmons Bilt, but find a UK proxy who can check measurements and confirm with you before forwarding to you with low declared value. Some have had bad experiences with fit/measurements being off by a lot, better have some reassurance.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
There is a Vanson Enfield in size 42 in the Clássifieds at the moment. The price is great, IMO. The Enfield runs large (but so does the HWM).

I include a picture of mine, so that you can see what to expect. FYI: I am also a 42 in most Aero styles. I could probably sqeeze into a size 40 Enfield.

View attachment 538521 View attachment 538522
perfect fit, dont need nothing else if you got one like that

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Grüße Sie, versenden Sie Ihre Aero auch nach Deutschland?

Liebe Grüße
Dies sind leider nicht meine Jacken. Ich habe sie nur gepostet, weil gebrauchte Aeros manchmal auch in Österreich zu haben sind. Ich vermute mal, dass die Verkäufer auch nach Deutschland versenden, sofern der Versand übernommen wird.

Schraeg

New in Town
Dies sind leider nicht meine Jacken. Ich habe sie nur gepostet, weil gebrauchte Aeros manchmal auch in Österreich zu haben sind. Ich vermute mal, dass die Verkäufer auch nach Deutschland versenden, sofern der Versand übernommen wird.
Danke für die rasche Antwort und einen guten Abend wünsche ich

barnabus

One Too Many
You should probaby check Avi leather. Though I don't have first hand experience.

I don't either, but something keeps drawing me back to their website.

It's this horsehide d pocket. That's what keeps drawing me back.

d-pocket-jacket-horsehide-1.jpg

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Didn't they have their jackets made in Pakistan?

I remember talking to them, was interested as well.
I asked about their leather and sizing/measurement alteration possibilities.
Answer:
"We offer our horsehide in seal brown, russet and black. It’s a chrome tanned semi aniline in around 1mm thickness. We can adjust the sizing without any extra charges. But please note that we not offer returns on customized jackets."

Would be interesting to see their D-pocket in the wild.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't either, but something keeps drawing me back to their website.

It's this horsehide d pocket. That's what keeps drawing me back.

d-pocket-jacket-horsehide-1.jpg

Am I missing something? The proportions of this look really poor.

The leather does look nice, I guess.

Edward

Bartender
Didn't they have their jackets made in Pakistan?

I remember talking to them, was interested as well.
I asked about their leather and sizing/measurement alteration possibilities.
Answer:
"We offer our horsehide in seal brown, russet and black. It’s a chrome tanned semi aniline in around 1mm thickness. We can adjust the sizing without any extra charges. But please note that we not offer returns on customized jackets."

Would be interesting to see their D-pocket in the wild.

There are threads somewhere where this came up. They were indeed having the jackets made out East, then selling them through their EU based business. Which was not really a surprise, given that the price they were retailing them at was significantly lower than what you would expect to be possible for EU manufacture. They had a bit of buzz in these parts, though I think it died down a lot when they were severely undercut (by about 2/3) by an eBay seller marketing jackets that purported to be the same patterns, and listing AVI under a range of "companies we have made jackets for". Can't recall the name of the seller, no idea if they're still on there. Worked out about UK £90, which seemed rather too cheap to be all that, though not I suppose impossible that they were what they claimed to be if you consider it was buying factory direct rather than adding in shipping,. taxes, overheads, and the need to make a profit to the total.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner