Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear Californian Ventura

Cooperson

One Too Many
Up for sale is my GW Ventura in russet brown, vegetable-tanned, aniline finished front quarter horsehide. I can't say enough about the quality of this Japanese hide or the jacket, but sadly it has always been a little bit too snug for me so has hardly been worn.

The tag size is 42" but this is a vintage pattern so actual fit is more like a 38".

Measurements are:

Pit to pit: 21 1/4"
Waist at half belt height: 19"
Waist at the bottom hem: 20 1/4"
Shoulders seam to seam: 19"
Sleeves seam to cuff: 24"
Back: 25"

I am asking £475 plus shipping, which I think is fair price considering the condition of this jacket. A new one for us Brits now costs around £1200 including VAT, shipping and costs, not to mention the 12 to 15 month wait time.

This is one killer jacket that I hope finds a new appreciative owner, if not, I will force myself to keep wearing it :)

The pics:

Ventura30monthsold_frontopen_zpsbc18053b.jpg

Ventura30monthsold_backzipped_zps23fa5bb4.jpg

52ff5715-9696-4abf-ac34-2835744b5668_zps5c538fc1.jpg

VenturaMarch2013_2_zps8821f91f.jpg

stephenc2032

One of the Regulars
Hi cooperson,
I'd love to take it off your hands please...please send me a PM as I can't seem to send one, or let m know if you'd like my email address. Kind regards,

Stephen

Last edited:

Cooperson

One Too Many
Stephenc2032 - It appears you have not made enough posts for us communicate via the Private Message system, if you are genuinly interested in the jacket I would need an email address. Thanks.

Last edited:
That is a STEAL! Beautiful jacket, lovely hide, and is worth more than 2x that - as well as over a year wait! Good luck on the sale - hope it finds a good home!
And good luck on your replacement. :)

joeymoey

New in Town
Wow you sold that for too cheap IMHO. It looks new. I hope Stephan isnt just going to flip it and make some $ off it/you. :(

Cooperson

One Too Many
It's true, you always think you could have got more money when things sell quickly but a jacket with those measurements needs a guy with a very slim frame to wear it, which would have ruled out many people. I'm just glad it went to a home where it will be appreciated, didn't want to go down the messy ebay route. Whether Stephen flips it, is entirely up to him. At the end of the day, I'm happy with the deal, he's happy, job done :)

Nice guys, and both happy. That's a good deal. Coop knew he could ask more, but stuck to his offer. Good on him. Now he can start planning and saving for it's replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats