Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear Doniger No 2

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is the second GW Doniger that I have bought from John. The first was an early production model but this one from 2011 is even better, made from veg tanned Indian goatskin. It is a size 44 and when compared with my two originals is spot on in every respect. I have included photos which John took at the time in the sun and some which were taken today under an over-cast sky. It is my favourite A2 contract and is very comfortable to wear. Enjoy!

Image_01.jpg

Image_02.jpg

Image_03.jpg

Image_06.jpg

Image_07.jpg

Image_08.jpg

Image_09.jpg

D

Deleted member 16736

It already looks vintage. I just wonder if they kill goats for their hides in India.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Here are my two originals by way of comparison. Real vintage here from 1942!

No-Name (Doniger) W535ac29971-size 42
019-40.jpg

David D. Doniger & Co 42-21539-P-size 42
020-36.jpg

And a commercial example from 1942 for comparison.
David D. Doniger & Co./McGregor Sportswear A-2
IMG_8779.jpg

With apologies for the hijack

ando.thun

New in Town
Hello aswatland

great looking A-2!

How hot is your summer? Is the A-2 such a light jacket?

Wearing my Highwayman during the summer is impossible. Even with the gabardine lining it is to hot. So I'am searching for a light jacket and order it so timely I have one for the next summer.

kind regards Ando

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Andrew, that's a hell of a nice A2. Lovely goat. Amazing originals there too. Why is it your favourite contract? Is it the pockets?

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andrew, that's a hell of a nice A2. Lovely goat. Amazing originals there too. Why is it your favourite contract? Is it the pockets?

The stylish fit perhaps. Yes the pockets are neat and I like the pointed collars as well. It's really just instinctive having worn many originals from nearly all contracts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic