Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear Leather Arcadia Jacket

Lancaster

Familiar Face
This is a custom Californian Arcadia jacket bought new from Good Wear Leather. Not a regular production jacket, the hide is a pigment dyed black veg-tanned front quarter horsehide and the lining is a vintage design 100% wool knit plaid. It has a reproduction main zipper with a vintage Talon slider, and reproduction Waldes chest zippers. It's a beautiful jacket in virtually new, odor free condition. The leather is grainy and tough, yet very easy wearing. $1150 plus shipping, and no trades please. It's tagged as size 44 but here are the dimensions:

Front along zipper
23.25"
Front chest 1" under arms
22"
Waist width at side straps
19.75"
Back height
25.75"
Shoulder width straight across
19.5"
Sleeves, from shoulder straight to end of outer cuff
25"
CalArcadia.jpg
CalArcadiachest_zipper.jpg
CalArcadiacollar2.jpg
CalArcadiafront_view1.jpg
CalArcadiafront_view2.jpg
CalArcadiafront_view3.jpg
CalArcadiainner_pocket.jpg
CalArcadiainside_pocket.jpg
CalArcadiareverse_view1.jpg
CalArcadiatalon_zipper.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
This is John's size 44. I owned an early Arcadia, which was beautiful and too small for me. I recall it was sold here very quickly, as it should have. I don't recall the selling price, but is was an honest price like your Arcadia.

I recall the fit pic of this jacket on John"s site. That was a few years back. What is your height and weight in that pictures?

I've owned/sold several of John's jackets. He has re issued a Scully jacket I owned. I have been considering asking his interest in doing another. It is not like any jacket I've seen him make. A work jacket from the 20s.

Fine jacket. Very nicely presented. Honestly priced.

Lancaster

Familiar Face
This was made for another customer who didn't ultimately take it, and it was long ago so no way of knowing. But I've bought several jackets from him and the sizes were more historically accurate than consistent.

Jiaward

One of the Regulars
I never post on here, but I really love this jacket. Smooth transaction with @Lancaster and thought I share it.

Sorry, I have trouble centering sometimes with the remote. Oh well, hope they show how beautiful this jacket it, and I personally love the fit. My wife says it’s too small, but it feels great.
Looks great.

Lancaster

Familiar Face
Wish it fit that well on me. Though crenate's a new member, don't let that dissuade you from dealing with him as this transaction was first class!

Rebus

Familiar Face
I never post on here, but I really love this jacket. Smooth transaction with @Lancaster and thought I share it.

Sorry, I have trouble centering sometimes with the remote. Oh well, hope they show how beautiful this jacket it, and I personally love the fit. My wife says it’s too small, but it feels great.
I was tempted by this one and seeing this I kinda wish I'd pulled the trigger - looks fantastic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner