Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear - order time

born113

One of the Regulars
The situation has changed? Or are people still waiting for an order for more than two years?

Rgcards

A-List Customer
Jon makes a lot of test jackets in 44 . So sometimes if it's something he was interested in doing or has already started it can be quicker. If you are not size 44 it will be longer for sure

born113

One of the Regulars
Best to ask John himself. Oh wait, his reply times are 2-3 years.
GW-order.png

Even 14 months on his website seemed like a long time to me. And he did not answer my letters. So I just forget about him. There are other jackets in the world.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 388992
Even 14 months on his website seemed like a long time to me. And he did not answer my letters. So I just forget about him. There are other jackets in the world.

He was still quoting potential new clients 12-14 months when i had been waiting 5 years.
I am pretty sure the longest wait on recorde on TFL was close to 8 years.
GW is a deposit scam, keep your money in your pocket...

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wonder if wait time depends on the model one order, if he would be quicker when you order an A-2 cos it is very likely that the patterns for all sizes have been drawn up over the years.

Mr.P

One of the Regulars
I left a deposit in April this year for a RW in Shinki Russet. I just wish there was a live table so that you could check in and see where in the line you are. Anyway I figured I’d throw down a deposit and wait it out. I just hope I have the funds available when my time comes.
I would like to think he would contact people in the order they made the deposit and offers them a choice to make a jacket out of whatever leather he has in stock at the time or to continue waiting for what they requested. If he was to offer me a different leather today rather than wait for God knows how long for the russet Shinki which was requested I would probably take it. I think it’s unlikely anyone would want the exact same jacket they ordered 2/3/4 years later.

Anyway if anyones interested I am selling this nice Perry 46 fits more like a 44/45

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/fs-good-wear-perry-a2-shinki-russet-46.106110/#post-2878956

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana