Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gorgeous Dobbs Nor'Wester, Size 7

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
I have been on the tip of the fence with this one. On the one hand, I wanted a versatile natural / light colored fedora, so I picked up this vintage Dobbs Nor'Wester from a listing that had been sitting awhile. However, it's 2 sizes too small for me. I was confident that I could re-block it to my size (7 1/4), and I still am. However, the listing didn't do the hat justice. The hat is sooooooo unique that I'd prefer not to ruin the authenticity of the character, which includes the original sweatband with Nor'Wester designation stamp and a legendary liner with striking artwork. To me, given the superb quality of the felt, block of the crown, and sheer beauty, it is a Holy Grail hat.

This leads me to the other hand, to sell it to someone that will keep it in the original size and wear it proudly as a rare thing of beauty. If it doesn't sell, then I will probably keep it and take my time with it. I'd like to get a leather sweatband without the gold foil stripe to maintain the vintage character.

Photos are pretty true to the color. Here are the specs:

Size: 7, stamped on the inside of the sweatband, no paper size tag
Crown: 5 3/4" open crown
Brim: Guild Edge 2 3/4" wide
Ribbon: Natural tan, just shy of 1 1/2" wide
Opening Dimensions: Approx. 7 1/2" L x 6 1/4" W
Note: Very small moth nibble on the underside of the brim, barely noticeable. Minor blemishes on ribbon, hard to see under direct light. The felt has been revived with heavy steam and a thorough brushing.

<<< Asking $275.00 shipped, CONUS >>>

PM if interested.

B57A83D7.jpg

E65A8905.jpg

53425154.jpg

DAD4161F.jpg

9F493FCF.jpg

FF0E5914.jpg

1C33369D.jpg

A6448123.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics