Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

grammy hat??

Edward

Bartender
"Trigger". If you've been playing your guitar long enough to name it, you're legit. See also, "Blackie", "Lucille", "Lenny", "Tiger", etc.

What really impresses me about Clapton is that in the era when he was playing Blackie most he could play at all let alone so well, between the booze and the drugs! Some people's talent really is immense. (I'm blanking on Tiger....?) Lucille, now there's a lady.... I think when I saw BB, he was on Lucilles XVII and XVIII or thereabouts. Increible artist - and probably the last of the really big names to have truly lived the blues?

Right. You wear a hat first for function. You are obviously not the type to which I'm referring.

I'm not sure that that is the primary reason any more. I wore a boonie hat for function, back in the day; if how it looked wasn't at least as important I'd likely still be wearing one now. ;)

What really impresses me about Clapton is that in the era when he was playing Blackie most he could play at all let alone so well, between the booze and the drugs! Some people's talent really is immense. (I'm blanking on Tiger....?) Lucille, now there's a lady.... I think when I saw BB, he was on Lucilles XVII and XVIII or thereabouts. Increible artist - and probably the last of the really big names to have truly lived the blues?

King is one of the last surviving of the true "Delta blues" musicians. Most of what came post -WW2 was more of a "urban blues" or what you might hear referred to as the "Chicago blues". I've seen King live twice, and consider it a real privilege.

BTW, "Tiger" was/is a guitar belonging to Jerry Garcia of The Grateful Dead. It was probably his most recognized axe. It was bought after Garcia's death by Jim Irsay, owner of the NFL's Indianapolis Colts for over $900,000.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I saw him wearing the Grammy hat at a restaurant the other day so it seems to be in his regular rotation.

Tiger_Rag

New in Town
Man! I remember when Pharrell came out in the 90s with a group called "The Neptunes" and he looks the same almost 20 years later. Still slim, no wrinkles or anything...He looks good even in that ridiculous hat!

Didn't they mix the beat for "Rump Shaker" ca 1992? As far as hip hop goes, N.E.R.D was ahead of their time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran