Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great Moments in Lounge History

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
While reading through the archives, I found too many threads which deserve to be bumped for either their photos, the information they provide, or both. Rather than bump all of them, here are some of the threads that I couldn't fit into any other active threads, but believe are worth another look.

Please feel free to link any other forgotten threads that you think we should all see.

Vintage Cavanagh booklet

Bernie Utz hat shop pics

INTERESTING HISTORY

Hat Life magazine With PICTURES

Art Fawcett's Vintage Silhouettes

2 More pics of Art's shop

Borsalino Hat Museum Pictures

"Hatless Harry" Apparel Arts

Hat making 1923

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Famous Last Words

Don't you love this historic post?

Art Fawcett said:
just hop on a plane to San Francisco. I'm about 30 minutes outside of the City, oh, in rush hour make that 1 1/2 hrs. Wow, I had no clue that Andy's pics would create this kind of response. I guess my hobby might turn into something afterall. :)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Well the point of that one is....

This is a work in progress so if there is a thread that you feel should be included and is not please PM one of the Hat forum bartenders, but remember we need to keep these limited to true reference threads. More to come!

That way there is just -one- thread of all the 'greats'

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
cookie said:
Don't you love this historic post?

Reading through the archives is great. You get to see Art go from having a hat hobby, to making a few hats, to being the "go-to" custom hatter. Douglas purchases more hats over 2 pages of threads than I'll ever own, and shows off an incredible variety of hats, suits, and facial hair styles. Dinerman ages right before your eyes, and the question "what do all those Xs mean" becomes the most annoying question EVER.

Feraud

Bartender
Miss Neecerie said:
Well the point of that one is....

This is a work in progress so if there is a thread that you feel should be included and is not please PM one of the Hat forum bartenders, but remember we need to keep these limited to true reference threads. More to come!

That way there is just -one- thread of all the 'greats'
Agreed.

Five Greatest Hits threads will be as confusing to search through as having none.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'll take a look at the ones above and consider them for inclusion in the sticky. There are lots of interesting old threads, and doing searches and reading the archives is highly recommended. However, there are so many interesting old threads that there reaches a point where linking all of them in one thread suddenly defeats the purpose of the thread.

Please note that I do add links to the sticky thread all along, and I'm always open to adding more. We just have to be selective about what those are. Your recent work in adding links in current threads to older threads is useful and appreciated, by the way.

Also, I admit that I'm not particularly inclined to merge old threads into new ones (eg, an omnibus Stratoliner thread). I know that's commonly done in other parts of the Lounge, it's just not my particular preference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran