Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great news for our European lounge members

Marc

Vendor
Sharpey I've been trying to get a hold of excellent ribbon in the U.S., in the U.K., Czech Republic and in Germany... It's a pain in the butt, to be honest. I got samples from everywhere, but it's the "coarse" ribbon, that you see on some modern hats and it just doesn't do the felt any justice.

Steve and I are currently in the process of having a whole bunch of rolls custom made. We want to copy the vintage ribbon that Steve got from B & L, as that is the best I've seen so far for Indy Fedoras.

I might change the liner supplier as well, 'cause I found one that creates an extraordinairy quality and their bridal satin just looks like silk, yet it has the advantages of satin (keeps the shape better and is more resistant against dirt and sweat), but that's not entirely sure yet. Oh, by the way: would you prefer a slightly off white over the snow white?! - That would be a possibility IF I chose to use the new liner maker. I'm not sure myself, so choice is yours...

I'm still awaiting sweatband samples from the U.S. and England. I asked Fern & Thatcher, if I could get some things changed for a price up, but haven't heard back from them yet and the supplier in England seems to have a hard time, to please my picky requests...

It is really strange to see how in this biz people don't seem to care about getting new customers (or maybe I'm just too picky ;) )

Regards,

Marc

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Like the vintage hats

Marc wrote.

Oh, by the way: would you prefer a slightly off white over the snow white?! - That would be a possibility IF I chose to use the new liner maker. I'm not sure myself, so choice is yours...

I would like the off white better it seems most of my nicer vintage hats were off white/ivory. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic