Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

greatest movie ever made?????

Sean

Familiar Face
Alright, so everyone has there favorite movies of all time. However what is the best of the best? What is in (your) opinion the greatest movie ever made? let us Ladies and Gentleman debate this incredible hard subject. I am very interested in film. It is probably my greatest passion and I would love to hear all of your opinions. Me, I have my favorites. Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, Reservoir Dogs, To Kill A Mockingbird and of course Star Wars.

But in my opinion the best of the best has to be The Godfather.
What do yall have to say?

Naphtali

Practically Family
"Best" is perhaps too subjective for a reasonable answer. The motion picture most influential in my life -- to my detriment -- is "Vera Cruz" (1954), starring Burt Lancaster, Gary Cooper, and everybody who was anybody in the supporting cast. At one time I had memorized all dialogue, in dialect, in context.

"Too bad you never knew Ace Hannah. Shot my old man in a stud poker game when I was just a kid. Ace felt so bad, he gave me a home. . . . Ace used to say three things: Never do any favors you don't have to do; never take any chances you don't have to take, and never trust anybody you don't have to trust. . . . Ace lived long enough to know he was right. He lived thirty seconds after I shot him."

And so on.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Godfather I and II combined. I love Casablanca and think Citizen Kane is a work of art, but do believe that the first two Godfather films are the best of all time.

karol

Bugsy

One Too Many
Sean said:
Alright, so everyone has there favorite movies of all time. However what is the best of the best? What is in (your) opinion the greatest movie ever made? let us Ladies and Gentleman debate this incredible hard subject. I am very interested in film. It is probably my greatest passion and I would love to hear all of your opinions. Me, I have my favorites. Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, Reservoir Dogs, To Kill A Mockingbird and of course Star Wars.

But in my opinion the best of the best has to be The Godfather.
What do yall have to say?

I'd add the ultimate Hollywood musical....Singin' in the Rain.

just_me

Practically Family
That's a tough question. I think it would have to be a toss up between Citizen Kane, Casablanca, and Singin' in the Rain. I can watch any of them over and over again, but I guess for sheer enjoyment - Singin in the Rain. No wait, uh, uh, Citizen Kane. Umm. No maybe not. Maybe Casablanca. Oy. I can't decide.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
the wizard of oz. Not necesserily my favorite, but I do like it. I would readily nominate it for this honor though.

WH1

Practically Family
North by Northwest

Cary Grant/Alfred Hitchcock-one of the great actor/director pairings of all time
A Great suit
Amazing, Beautiful modern heroine
Memorable villains
and a truly phenomenal story

Elizabeth.F

Familiar Face
I devour roughly 2-4 classic movies a week, so it is difficult to pinpoint any one movie as being the best, but I must say that Fritz Lang's "Metropolis" at least deserves a mention.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Elizabeth.F said:
I devour roughly 2-4 classic movies a week, so it is difficult to pinpoint any one movie as being the best, but I must say that Fritz Lang's "Metropolis" at least deserves a mention.

Definitely! I am looking forward to seeing the recently found longest version of the film found in South America! Also his early film, Destiny, is sheer genius!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit