Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nattevagten

One of the Regulars
Here are a couple hijacked from @dark wood and @Canuck Panda hope they don't mind
74c62d8a-eee5-4bb2-81c8-61263a4d4be5-jpeg.427067

board-racer-001-jpg.462353

And a closer shot of mine under sunlight
View attachment 519855
Thanks! Ah, damn. I was hoping it would be emerald greenish, but looks like it’s a different shade, more 'swampish'.

Gone

New in Town
The Kelpie is very dark green, almost charcoal or black depending on the lighting.
How do you feel about the green kelpie overall, does the colour show through enough to be much of a difference to black, does it feel as though it will last long, do you have any wear spots showing what's underneath the top coat, I was notified by Aero that the leather is very different from anything else they offer and is likely to have scars and such, do you agree? I don't actually like horsehide, where I grew up they used to cull wild herds and that remains as a bad feeling, but I am considering the green kelpie for a Shackleton and am curious about your thoughts.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
How do you feel about the green kelpie overall, does the colour show through enough to be much of a difference to black, does it feel as though it will last long, do you have any wear spots showing what's underneath the top coat, I was notified by Aero that the leather is very different from anything else they offer and is likely to have scars and such, do you agree? I don't actually like horsehide, where I grew up they used to cull wild herds and that remains as a bad feeling, but I am considering the green kelpie for a Shackleton and am curious about your thoughts.
Its more green than black. On the color scale it will be the darkest green before it turns charcoal.
Longevity is not an issue.
The top coating is clear and see through. So this is technically "quarter" aniline, not naked full aniline and not semi aniline. Water will make beads on the top first before finding lowest points to seep through. Make life easier.
Aniline hides will show scars, or natural markings. I take this as a bonus, not a flaw.

You can blow up the photos by pressing the + button. There are "natural markings" on both front and back. See if you are ok with them. Photo taken with Iphone I think the camera is pretty good. Stitching is olive drab so you can see the green kelpie is still in the green shade zone just very dark. I prefer the green kelpie over the black one, it has more depth.

Board Racer Front.JPG

Board Racer Back.JPG

Gone

New in Town
Its more green than black. On the color scale it will be the darkest green before it turns charcoal.
Longevity is not an issue.
The top coating is clear and see through. So this is technically "quarter" aniline, not naked full aniline and not semi aniline. Water will make beads on the top first before finding lowest points to seep through. Make life easier.
Aniline hides will show scars, or natural markings. I take this as a bonus, not a flaw.

You can blow up the photos by pressing the + button. There are "natural markings" on both front and back. See if you are ok with them. Photo taken with Iphone I think the camera is pretty good. Stitching is olive drab so you can see the green kelpie is still in the green shade zone just very dark. I prefer the green kelpie over the black one, it has more depth.

View attachment 531969
View attachment 531970
Cool, thanks!

jadub

A-List Customer
Finally going to get some pics of my green Badalassi FL on here. It’s made some appearances in other areas of the forum but I think it’s nice to have things categorized using unique features. The badalassi is getting more brown quickly. Also gaining more depth as well. It’s such a rich tone. Noisy but very nice leather.

This is a pic from the Grailed posting that I bought it from
IMG_2888.jpeg

This is a while after I got it
IMG_2968.jpeg

And this is recent
IMG_0740.jpeg

IMG_0739.jpeg

newtojackets

Practically Family
One of the coolest jackets I ever owned was an absolutely mint/perfect BRG Brimaco 742. I sold it in 2010 for $400. For whatever reason, at that time, they were sought after. Brimaco jackets are not exactly consistent in terms of quality and that sale price came at auction. In todays market it would likely sell for $200 or less.

I would pay $600 to get it back. Absolutely robust hide, thick and stiff, and the perfect shade of British Racing Green. Impossible to ever find again and despite having next to no interest in CR’s, that one I would love to have back.
How can one man have owned, yet sold then regretted so many amazing jackets ;)

CombatWombat

Familiar Face
My brother in law has picked up one of these from Madera (since he knew I love collecting police jackets)

Old Portuguese army jacket that has a definite olive green to the leather.....
Apparently they're not that common but definitely not rare, though I'm not sure if the colour will grow on me but only time will tell lol
Screenshot_20230722-105244.png

theeprimitivesound

Familiar Face
This is my EB 140 Eco horsehide from Y2 Leathers, I picked this up in August, its still stiff, but softening nicely, it's such a killer jacket.

Attachments

• 20230806_220902.jpg
    20230806_220902.jpg
    981.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 20231201_083943.jpg
    20231201_083943.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
  • 20230811_203707.jpg
    20230811_203707.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
  • 20231119_121229.jpg
    20231119_121229.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 53
  • 20231022_120113.jpg
    20231022_120113.jpg
    976.8 KB · Views: 54
I couldn’t say how much Stuart charges at the moment for a custom vest. I’m not even sure he still offers this hide. I bought it from the original owner the instant I saw it on EBay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko