Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Greetings and my new (old) G-1

Gamma68

One Too Many
In case anyone is curious, or for reference purposes, here are measurements of my 1968 Martin Lane G-1, tagged size 42. All measurements taken with jacket zipped and lying flat.

Shoulders: 19.5”

Chest: 22” (44”)

Sleeve to end of knit cuff: 24.5”

Length from back collar seam to end of knit waistband: 25”

Flightengineer

Practically Family
What a transformation :)

Sorry,
It seemed to me that I have written in English)
There I wrote that my G1 also squeaked, but then after I wear it often, squeak stopped itself)))
It seems to me that it made not from goatskin, but cow. I have Cooper A2 goatskin and there is quite a different leather.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I just did the same thing but with less foresight. 1970 Star Sportswear size 40 with no measurements, $118. About 70% sure it won't fit, but in that case another Christmas gift lol.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What is your normal coat size? I have read that the Star Sportswear G-1 fit is a bit more generous than some others from that era. I wear a 44 in most Aero jackets (Highwayman, Bootlegger, etc.) and my size 46 Star G-1 is a nice trim fit on me.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
What is your normal coat size? I have read that the Star Sportswear G-1 fit is a bit more generous than some others from that era. I wear a 44 in most Aero jackets (Highwayman, Bootlegger, etc.) and my size 46 Star G-1 is a nice trim fit on me.

B/tw a 36-38 in the Highwayman. Mainly a length thing, monkey lonnng arm guy here. If the sleeves end up 25" or longer I'll be fine. Merry Christmas!

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You just might be in luck! I measured the sleeves on my 46, and they are 26.75" from shoulder to end of knit cuff. Hopefully they do not drop too much as they go down in size. Merry Christmas!

Deacon211

One Too Many
Does anyone know may vary the sleeve length of G-1 jackets of the same size but different years of issue?

Purely my observations, but more recent jackets seem to have longer sleeves. I don't know if this is just a consequence of people wearing a size smaller these days and thus having the arms short. But, almost all the jackets I've seen from the '90s onward, seem to have really long sleeves.

Looks aside, longer sleeves do have the virtue of not pulling up your arm when you reach forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner