Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Greetings from another newbie.

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Hello -

Won't go into too much by way of introductions, as I just posted my run-down in the new folks thread in the bar.

Did want to say that I'd been lurking, and thanks for all the great hat info. I purchased my first hat - a Stetson Chatham, in a dark brown (with medium sized matching ribbon). Got it to match my regular wear jacket, and am enjoying the heck out of it. Picked it up at Byrnie Utz here in Seattle.

I'm keeping an eye out for vintage hats, but my 7&5/8 size seems to not be as plentiful as I might like.

Now I just need to work on getting a suit or two, and hats to go with - or perhaps the other way around.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Welcome

Chanfan,

A warm welcome. How is the Byrnie Utz shop? I have a Borsalno from the 60's with their name on the lining.

Pull up a stool and spin a tale,

WeeGee

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
here's Bernie's

Here it is.

DSCN0297.jpg

Here's what Bernie's looks like inside.

DSCN0299.jpg

fedoralover

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
Welcome

Welcome to the Lounge, Chanfan. I'm sure that you will find your hat to be extremely useful in the Seattle weather.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Welcome aboard.

Finding a suit will be a greater challenge than the hat, sir.

You must take rigorous precautions, fighting lightning storms and angry vintage savages! You could end up burning a hole through your wallet with the amount it costs for the suit! Indeed it will be a journey, but a very satisfying one

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I will say that the folks at Byrnie Utz were quite accommodating - perfectly happy to let me look around, and let me know to just leave the hats out for them to put back (and take out as many as I liked). Having been in few enough hat shops, I'm ill-equipped to make comparisons.

As for suits, the last time I looked for such items in vintage (perhaps 10 or so years ago?), I again was unable to find much in my size. I have dropped a bit of weight lately - and a few inches round the middle - so perhaps that will help a bit. In any case, my plan is not to start vintage - but hey, this is the hat section, so I'll save it!

Oh, and cuff-links (and cummerbunds/vests) were already a little hobby of mine.

Merlin

Familiar Face
Welcome aboard! If you ever need to commiserate with anyone about the woes of wearing a size 7 5/8 hat, I'm all ears. Damn this oversized melon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24